JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My radiator is leaking, not badly, but it is annoying me and will no doubt get worse.
I am looking for a replacement, I can get a stockkish cheap from rock auto, $70, but would rather upgrade.
Any recomendations?

·
Registered
486 Posts
My radiator is leaking, not badly, but it is annoying me and will no doubt get worse.
I am looking for a replacement, I can get a stockkish cheap from rock auto, $70, but would rather upgrade.
Any recomendations?
How long has your stock lasted and what benefit do you think you’ll get from an “upgrade”? FWIW I just passed 125k miles on my stock radiator and it still works just fine. Save your money for some real upgrades

·
Super Moderator
6,179 Posts
search on here for "Mishimoto Radiator" & you'll get the general experience of those aluminum , leak-prone beasts. I would suggest hitting Rock Auto and buying a replacement OEM radiator as they function fine and you won't have the stupid tig welds breaking just from installation that others have exp with Mishimoto rads.

there , again, is nothing wrong with the factory radiator.

upgrade your fan /shroud if you really wanna take cooling to another level( if 07-11; 12s & up have fine fans)

:jeep2:

·
Registered
359 Posts
I had overheating issues and replaced mine with a Mishimoto AL radiator. Still have the stock 08 fan and it runs perfectly. Even in the 120+* heat of Yuma, AZ.
Ditto here (except for the AZ heat). Run the same combo on my 2009 JKUR and so far it's been problem free.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Something to think about.

I replaced my radiator at something around 100k. While I was at it I also replaced the water pump, thermostat and hoses. Flushed the coolant too. I had no issues with these parts but figured they would not last forever and if any one of them failed I was stuck. A few dollars more but I figured the new parts would last another 100k. And they did.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Stock it is. I already have a thermostat and housing on the shelf, so will order a water pump when I order the radiator.
Thanks

·
Registered
587 Posts
Is it the metal section or plastic end caps? Mine started leaking near the top radiator hose at 160k and they replaced the plastic end caps under warranty.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I recently replaced mine with an OEM style O'reillys radiator. Has a lifetime warranty. I wouldn't bother with the all aluminum "upgraded" replacements, they seem to have a much higher failure rate than the OEM styles.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts