JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Spray the shit out of the radiator. Ive been dealing with the same thing. I'm afraid mines so bad I'm gonna have to take it apart and clean it. I've got a ton of trash in there holding heat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
1,929 Posts
only way you are going to get the radiator clean enough is to take the fan shroud off, been there done that more times then I can count. It comes off easy. Also consider getting a spal waterproof fan if you like to play in mud alot. see my thread below

http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14968
I love my spal. It moves so much air it will suck a shop rag onto the grill. One of the greatest purchases for the money.

· Registered
7,254 Posts
Sprayed the shit out of it one more time and it seems to be ok for now
with the shroud off? if not you aren't spraying crap except the ac condenser up front....you should spray it with a regular hose and nozzle not a pressure washer lol.....with the shroud off spray back and forth from top to the bottom till only clean water is running off of it, spray between ac condenser and radiator and spray the condenser also till it is clean water only also, the air has to move through that first to get to rad to cool it.

it could look like this under the shroud :lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.