JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and two kids went to Hong Kong to spend Christmas with my folks. I couldn't get away from work. On return my 8 year old boy got hemmed up by security at the Hong Kong airport, while awaiting the flight to Tokyo and then back to Seattle. He had his person and Captain America carry on suitcase checked by security 3 separate times, including questioning. When my wife voiced concern at the repeated searches she also got searched. They apparently used some device to check his hands even.
My wife is East Indian, but from South America, and my kids are obviously mixed with Caucasian.
Once finally on the plane, and everyone was seated, security boarded the plane and questioned my wife. They spoke a Chinese dialect over their radios and some English. They did comment that the 'Indian' is seated next to Mr. Whoever. That guy, who was packing heat, was the air marshall. He eye fucked my wife the entire flight to Japan.
The boy cried alot from the harassment. Once home my wife contacted the airline who refunded the cost of the two kids tickets as cash

·
Premium Member
3,066 Posts
Your reputation seems to proceed you!

Seriously though, that seems uncalled for...even for the Chinese. Any indication of why the searches? What triggered it? Also if it was a US Air Marshall I would report the harrasment. I am a very big supporter of LEOs in all areas, but I will be the first to say there are plenty of bad ones and they need to be reported IMEDIATLEY.

·
Registered
9,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't know how it works with Air Marshalls. He was asian. Chinese? Are they all US LEO, or do other countries put them in planes. My wife saw his holstered pistol on several occasions, even before she sat ^in her assigned seat. The Marshall was ^in his seat prior to her getting to her assigned spot.

·
Registered
10,329 Posts
I don't know how it works with Air Marshalls. He was asian. Chinese? Are they all US LEO, or do other countries put them in planes. My wife saw his holstered pistol on several occasions, even before she sat ^in her assigned seat. The Marshall was ^in his seat prior to her getting to her assigned spot.
my friend is an airline marshall. I can call and ask him. But i doubt he was US. you'll never know that there's an air marshall on a plane in the US if there is one.

·
Registered
9,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
my friend is an airline marshall. I can call and ask him. But i doubt he was US. you'll never know that there's an air marshall on a plane in the US if there is one.
I'd suspect you are right. She never had conversation with him and he didn't participate ^in any searches or questioning, but he did appear prior to boarding and his pistol ^in his waistband did come into plain view so she knew what was up when she saw him ^in the seat next to here. Prior to that the boy was the focus of the attention.

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
That's prett f'd up. China is no friend or ours. Too bad that they own so much of our debt and swipe our high tech info at every turn.

·
Coonasian
1,833 Posts
Sorry, bsack. Those people do not even understand human rights!

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
They're just pissed because your kid had a bigger shlong than they did. Totally uncalled for and as for the mystery man with a weapon, it wasn't US. 2k2wranglerx is right, you'd never know. Even when I flew armed with my agency, they never knew.

·
CalmerThanYouAre
9,377 Posts
That's some crap.
I prefer my children to be fondled and harrassed by qualified American TSA agents.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.