JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wheel question

Looking to replace my wheels, currently running* 37x13.5r17 on 17 x 9 with 4.53" backspacing and a
1.5 inch spacer.

Ultimately I'd like to get rid of the spacers

Im Looking at raceline beadlocks, they have 17x8.5 with 3.75" backspacing
or
17x9.5 with 4" backspacing

What would the difference be? Or am I just over thinking the whole thing?
I do eventually plan on moving up to maybe a 40" tire

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
I can't answer the Beadlock part of the question, but I can offer my current experience with Raceline.

This is my only experience with this company, so I'm by no means trying to bash them. If it's a standard they have set, however, bash button is on.

Two weeks ago I went through a local shop for rims, tires and lift. Everything was delivered next day except the rims. A day later three rims came in. They're still waiting on the 4th and 5th rim. Why ship three and not at least four? Or better yet, say there's production difficulties and I'll go with another choice.

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
if you are going to run 40's you are going to wider axles and that generally comes with 8 lug wheels. I would just run what you have until that day comes. 40's on a factory width axle need around a 1.5" net bs unless you are really tall and bumpstopped to the sky.

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
The two sizes you mentioned are basically a wash because of tire bulge. With the width of a 13.5" tire you would be better off with a wider rim in the 9.5" to fit the tire better and have less tire bulge on the inside of the wheel. You are still going to need to limit steering or run adapters for some extra width with either of those sizes of wheels with your current tires..

·
The Wheelin Man's Friend
8,652 Posts
You currently have an effective back spacing of 3.28", so the closest you could come to that without a spacer is a beadlock with 3.5" back spacing. ATX Slabs, Trail Ready, Spyderlocks, or KMC Machetes will all fit that bill. Raceline comes close on the 3.75, but it'll pull the wheels and tires closer to the frame/body about a half inch.

I'd rather have beadlocks than 40s and spacers, so I think you're on the right path.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I can't answer the Beadlock part of the question, but I can offer my current experience with Raceline.

This is my only experience with this company, so I'm by no means trying to bash them. If it's a standard they have set, however, bash button is on.

Two weeks ago I went through a local shop for rims, tires and lift. Everything was delivered next day except the rims. A day later three rims came in. They're still waiting on the 4th and 5th rim. Why ship three and not at least four? Or better yet, say there's production difficulties and I'll go with another choice.
I would call them. They have been great to work with for me.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you for the replies!! Exactly what I needed to know

·
Registered
15 Posts

Did your local shop order directly from Raceline?my bet is there was a middle-man supplier in between.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts