JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have mounted an older used Toyo Open Country MT on a brand new RAceline. It is leaking about 5 psi a day. So today I got the soapy spray bottle and long story short the air seems to be leaking thru multiple nutserts. Should I take it all apart and start again meaning loosen ring and start over with the torquing ? Any ideas?

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
When you say "nutserts" are you talking about the inserts that you can just punch out and install new ones? If so, why not just punch out the bad ones?

I'm assuming it's leaking out the backside of the wheel where the bolts come through, right?

·
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)
22,099 Posts
Try taking it apart and remounting it. There is no possible way that it is leaking through the nutsert that is just where the air is coming out at.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When you say "nutserts" are you talking about the inserts that you can just punch out and install new ones? If so, why not just punch out the bad ones?

I'm assuming it's leaking out the backside of the wheel where the bolts come through, right?
Yes thru the jbackside. However when's I just retorque that specific bolt it appears that the issue comes up some other area. I did a star pattern but I was not as critical in my pattern on this one as I was the first 4. I will try a complete new setup tomorrow and let y'all know.

·
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)
22,099 Posts
Did you just get these wheels? If so what is the head stamp on the bolts? Is it "TUZ" or "c"?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts