JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rubirobv, Woods, Trucker, Hundy and all of our crew made a Rubicon trip July 15th to the 18th. We had an AWESOME time--- of course we did,,,, its the Rubicon!!!:bounce:

We have all been too busy to get a trip report going, so I thought I would get it started, and we will all add stories, pics and vids when we can-- we have about a million!

Hope you enjoy!:beer:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Looks wicked! Some deep water eh?

Get your ass in gear, I need to live through your pics :thefinger:
I hope to make it down there one day...

·
Registered
13,230 Posts
Looks like a good time, i'd love to go!

·
Registered
601 Posts
Great picts man! Looks like Woods got soaked! Was that the water crossing after Big Sluice? Buck Island maybe?

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
Great picts man! Looks like Woods got soaked! Was that the water crossing after Big Sluice? Buck Island maybe?

Water crossing was just before the trail down the granite slabs to Buck Island. To the right, takes you through Old Sluice. The left is the bypass down to Buck.

·
Vendor
1,316 Posts
Great timez fo sho. > It's the Rubicon!

I didn't take many pics this year, but will most what I have soon. I'm still blown away by the views and great swimming holes. Clear lakes with 70 degree water. Full load this year with four people in the JK and still had room for beer.

Two JK's from another group broke axles housings. One was an axle tube and the other was a sleeved axle tube. I heard the one with the sleeved axle tube was able to limp off the trail. I think the other had to get repaired.

Can't wait till next year.

·
Vendor
1,316 Posts
Some mo' pics:

Best little outhouse on the Con:

View from the outhouse:

Brandon rockin on the Con:

Rope swing at the Rubicon Springs swimming hole:

Guy could do a great back flip

Some of our crew coming back from the rope swing:

Ryan on the rope swing: