JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What else will I need besides the gears an install kit and lube to fill the axles back up? Any other seals or anything?

Sent by Paul Revere

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep. I regeared my scout about 5 years ago. And have a guy that has done several gear swaps helping me

Sent by Paul Revere

·
Registered
553 Posts
You oughtta be cherry then. oh, and you need a bunch of rtv to put the diff cover back on. It doesn't have a gasket.

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Awesome. I appreciate it

Sent by Paul Revere

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
or better yet - a lubelocker gasket instead of RTV
worth the $20 if you ever have to open it back up
if you have a rubi - watch out for the locker plunger sensors!

·
Registered
518 Posts
or better yet - a lubelocker gasket instead of RTV
worth the $20 if you ever have to open it back up
if you have a rubi - watch out for the locker plunger sensors!
+1
Also I did 5.38's in mine with almost 30k on the odo and didn't have to do axle seals yet over 3k later so far post install.

Mike

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
+1
Also I did 5.38's in mine with almost 30k on the odo and didn't have to do axle seals yet over 3k later so far post install.

Mike
I've got 74300m on the ticker right now so I'll probably go ahead and make sure I get seals. And I plan on taking pics and possibly time-lapse video

Sent by Paul Revere

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Front seals are not a bad idea but, can be a PITA if you don't have an install tool.

Plan on at least 10 hours per diff and have plenty of patience.....

If you can the best advice is to the get diffs at a good working height, either by a lift or pulling the axles. Laying on your back, hitting your head, and having your arms in a strain do not help the patience part.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts