JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Called a Stockton, Ca store for a quote on the teraflex 2 inch 1 inch poly spacer kit with sway bar extensions and was told the following :

4 hrs labor @ $100.00 per hour
Realignment required $150.00
Product: $170.00

Thats almost $900.00 to correct the rake?
Bwahahahaha..

Be careful of these guys...

·
Registered
690 Posts
That's insane. I thought about going with a spacer lift with gears/front locker/tires, but I'm almost afraid of what they'd charge. Guess it was for a good reason. I'll just do it all myself (outside the locker/gears unless someone wants to help (supervise) who knows what they're doing)

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I should have known better... They quoted 350 for bumper and skid install. Did it myself.. Winch was $350. Maybe they think this is a rich man's hobby. Perhaps I'll buy the winch and just forgo the lift for awhile.. Its sounding a tad unrealistic at the moment.

·
Registered
3,401 Posts
4WD/4 Wheel Parts stores are bound to rip you off. You can do it in your driveway with YouTube and a floor jack. Don't be scared by it, it's a simple platform that's easy to take apart and put back together. Good luck.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I might have to. It's too bad we can't all coordinate our efforts/skill set. I guess I'll bust it out... AFTER the winch..
??

·
Registered
103 Posts
I don't know if TF has the instructions in a PDF on their website, but I know Quadratec has them. Go online and download the instructions. Read through them a couple of times, and you'll see it's a pretty simple install.

Damn sure not worth paying $400 for...

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
$170 realignment? Really?! There's nothing that needs to be aligned after this kit. Check with Rebel Offroad for a price on this install.
$170 to adjust the drag link. Hold shit!

·
Registered
151 Posts
I had a 2 inch spacer kit installed at a local mechanic shop. He did the install (including little details like extending the axle breather tubes) for 80$. He checked the alignment but it didn't need anything.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just did the Daystar 1.75" spacer install on my jk this weekend. A floor jack, two safety stands and some metric wrenches is all you need. It's really not a bad install. This is my first jeep and first spacer install of any kind and it really was not that hard. With my kit which included a sway bar spacer it took me roughly 3 hours. No tracking issues, didn't even have to readjust the steering wheel. I'm just ok with tinkering on cars, mostly work on my Harley so if I can do it just about anyone can...lol....The quote I got for the install almost scared me off of buying the kit as well, glad I decided to give it a try. Good luck with whatever you decide.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I put it on the back burner... Just not worth it yet. Moving to a winch now. I expected maybe $200 at the most.. And nobody specializes in Jeep stuff in the valley. ?

·
Registered
553 Posts
Tierhog, I sent you a PM.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks everyone, you've given me great info. I intend to use it. Have alot of plans for my Jeep, just need to get comfortable with local shops again..

·
Registered
2 door 2010 JK sport
913 Posts
Called a Stockton, Ca store for a quote on the teraflex 2 inch 1 inch poly spacer kit with sway bar extensions and was told the following :

4 hrs labor @ $100.00 per hour
Realignment required $150.00
Product: $170.00

Thats almost $900.00 to correct the rake?
Bwahahahaha..

Be careful of these guys...
$170 in product - this the BB lift itself? Because that's roughly what I paid 6 years ago when I had my BB installed on my 07. It's also why this time around I waited almost 2 years before finally having the coin to put a 3.5" Metal Cloak lift on. Figured since I'm paying for the install to only do it once. The install there was around $1200 after the alignment.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
For me, the JKU is a different animal than the TJ. It's our DD and long haul rig, so I have to keep its road manners in check. The benefit of this lift is that with new flat Fenders I can push up to 35s. That's plenty.

The manager has taken an active interest in this project and stated that the labor was
incorrect. Additionally the alignment was supposed to be a recommendation, not a requirement and much more reasonable $$.

I'm dealing with him directly now and things appear more realistic. I'll keep everyone up to date and take some pics. Heck.. I might even get the winch in before summer!

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
I'd rather put a set of springs in than spacers.... Springs have to come out anyway. More flex and maybe a better ride. Just my .02

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thats a ton of money from 4wp!

I vote DIY!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts