JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

While searching various forums and videos for Paracord Grab Handle designs, all that I ran across showed tying the cobra knot a little differently than how I was taught - so I wanted to share it with you all. Aside from being very easy to tie, I also find it a good bit quicker since it actually casts two cobra knots at a time. As a bonus, the rope on the left side does not have to be passed through any holes so you don't have to estimate the amount of rope needed.

If you try it out, let me know what you think!

Step 1: Form a loop with the rope on the left and pass it under the core.

Step 2: Fold the loop back over itself (Loop A).

Steps 3 & 4: Pull the two segments up through the main loop to form two additional loops (Loops B & C).

Step 5: Pass the rope on the right through Loops B & C.

Step 6: Pull Loop A to the right - bringing it back over the top of Loops B & C, then grab at both arrows and pull outward to begin forming the first cobra knot.

Step 7: Tighten the first Cobra knot.

Step 8: Tighten the second Cobra knot.

Rinse and Repeat!

* Disclaimer: I recognize that the Paracord used in the photos above is not the "real deal." I only realized it after purchase so only used it to make this head rest handle so that my 5 year old son can now get into the Jeep by himself. I've since placed an order for the "real stuff" and will be using it for the rest of my handles.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts