JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Real quick -

On the rear of my removable panels there are those plastic parts that can either lay flat or I can flip part of them "down". What are they for and should they be up or down when on the Jeep?

Of course the instructions do not say (and the instructions have a TJ drawn anyways.)

Attachments

·
Registered
694 Posts
When you are running the panels with the hard top on, you flip them flat so your panels lay flush with the hard top. If you are running JUST the panels, with your hard top OFF, then you flip them out 90* so they act as a spacer to prop the back of the panels up a little bit.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I believe they are to be used in the down position when the rear section of the hard top is off but you run the front section installed. I think I remember reading that in my manual.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
well ill be damned. just went and looked at the hardtop in the garage, and ive never noticed them before. guess i dont use the hardtop often...

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When you are running the panels with the hard top on, you flip them flat so your panels lay flush with the hard top. If you are running JUST the panels, with your hard top OFF, then you flip them out 90* so they act as a spacer to prop the back of the panels up a little bit.
Makes sense.

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
That is correct.

Words of warning

When the rear hardtop is off, and you are using the front panels- be sure to flip those things to raise the rear of the panel up. Otherwise the 2 thumbscrews will go too far up and punch holes in the panels

And then when you go back to your full hardtop- remember to flip those things back to the "flat" position. Otherwise, you will get a nice puddle of water in your Jeep when parked in the rain (ask me how I know :laughing:)

·
Registered
288 Posts
Never noticed them, but good to know!

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
That is correct.

Words of warning

When the rear hardtop is off, and you are using the front panels- be sure to flip those things to raise the rear of the panel up. Otherwise the 2 thumbscrews will go too far up and punch holes in the panels

And then when you go back to your full hardtop- remember to flip those things back to the "flat" position. Otherwise, you will get a nice puddle of water in your Jeep when parked in the rain (ask me how I know :laughing:)
Also do not leave the screws out.
If you do leave them out you may have a Freedom Panel sailing through the air.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
well ill be damned. just went and looked at the hardtop in the garage, and ive never noticed them before. guess i dont use the hardtop often...
X2... never saw those things before...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts