JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to order a set of seat covers and I have already read the seat cover thread on here but I didn't see much about one particular seat cover I am considering. I just need something to protect my seats for the summer when I have my top off and I also don't feel like getting scorched by my black leather.

So I am looking at the coverking ballistic nylon seat covers. I can get those for about $250. Anybody have these?

My other options are just getting a cheap set like the smittybuilt neoprenes but I've read they can make you sweat really bad. Or should I just bite the bullet and get the trek armors?

Thanks

· Registered
243 Posts
I don't have firsthand experience with Coverkings, but I've had Bestops (for TJ), Iggees, and now Trek Armors. The Bestops are ok for cheap seat covers but the fit is horrible. Iggees fit well but only lasted about a year and were super hot in the sun.

The Trek Armors are AMAZING. Seriously. Just get them :)

· Registered
51 Posts
I have the Cover King Neopene, see pics in profile, and love them. Good quility and are made to fit not universal. They look like seats not covers. I found them on ebay for $269 delievered FRONT AND REAR and I think you can find my post about them and where I got them. The guys was straight up and got them in two weeks.(made to order) Go for it!

· Premium Member
2,154 Posts
Trek armor all the way, I love mine.

· Official Monkey Business
8,910 Posts

· Registered
855 Posts
Thanks for starting this tread. I need some covers and most of the seat cover threads are a little dated. I really like the Trek and the ability to secure items in the cargo area to the back seat but wonder how durable that system is and for the price it better be way better than the Coverkings. I looked on the Coverking website (although I would order from a JKO vendor) and it offers multiple choices of materials. Which is the best for avoiding a sweaty ass while still offering a fair amount of protection?

· Registered
1 Posts
I've had Wet Okole's and the cheap versions of neoprene seats and now have Trek Armor. Trek's material is great and seems to breathe much better than the neoprene styles. I've had them off once and washed them in the washer machine, let them air dry, and went back on like new. The best way I know how to describe the material is a good thick duffle/gym back type material. High dollar on the front end but you'll have a good quality set for a while.

· Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am really starting to lean towards just getting the trek armors because then I'm sure I won't have any regrets down the road.

First tho it doesn't seem anyone has any experience with the coverking ballistic seat covers. They are made from Cordura fabric? Idk what that is.

I guess I'm just trying to justify spending 2-3x more on the trek armors than other choices. Are they THAT much better?

· Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
And also my jeep is a 2013 JKU Rubicon. Will seat covers that say 2011-2012 fit? Because I noticed on the trek armor site they make seat covers specifically for the 2013. Just some of the other seat covers on other websites only say 07-10 or 11-12 and no 2013.

· Registered
537 Posts
Cordura is a name brand like ziplock or Kleenex. They developed the "ballistic" nylon weave originally used in bullet proof vests.
Other fabric manufacturers make a square weave ballistic nylon also.

Ballistic nylon has high abrasion resistance, bright color with great uv stability and weather resistance. I have a camera bag and messenger bag made out of ballistic nylon and both look great after more than ten years of being dragged around. The colors are still as bright as the day I bought them. The other plus is the fabric gets softer the more its used so in a few months of having them on they should feel great.

It looks like the coverking covers for front and rear are half the cost trek armor, is that right?

· Registered
185 Posts
Ya on quadratec they have the fronts for $150 and the rears for $100.

So the Cordura sounds pretty durable then? I wonder why nobody has any experience with this seat cover...
I'm looking at the Quadratec ones now I wonder how they fit.

· Registered
185 Posts
I'm looking at the Quadratec ones now I wonder how they fit.
I bought them and sent them back I do not think they were that bad but they did not fit like the trekarmor. I put up the cash and bought the trakarmor seat covers. I have not installed them yet but I love the way they feel so far, I was not crazy about the price for them, but now I see why they are how much they are.

· Registered
247 Posts
I have schittybilt. Hot like balls, fade FAST, and stitching rips. I went thru a very modest 3 sets while they were still warrantable. I can't imagine the quadratec set being any better. I'm saving my pennies for trek armor. If my driver's side seat wasn't wearing I'd have tossed my now purple seat covers a long time ago.

· Premium Member
3,218 Posts
I swapped my Iggee's for Trek Armors about 2 months ago. Worth every penny.

Fit great, super comfortable and they are not hot at all. Just finished a week in Moab with them and freaking love them. You could t get me to swap back to another brand.

· Registered
1,287 Posts
I haven't seen Trek Armor. The description of the material sounds like it would be hot in a place like GA or here in TX. How does it compare to the Neoprene style like my Wet Okole's in the heat of the Summer?

· Premium Member
224 Posts
We've got the Trek Armor on just the rear seat of our JKUR. Bought just the back to see how we would like them. Based on the back, I'll be ordering the front before long.

These things fit tight. It was a workout just getting them on.

Trek Armor is also going to have backpacks that attach to the front seats.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.