JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Love my floor-jack but I hate the way that I have to grip and turn the handle to let it down. With greasy sweaty hands it can be somewhat hard to ease it down as slowly/ precisely as intended, so I made it a "T" handle.

Used:

1 6" x 5/16" all-thread.
2 nuts
2 lock washers
2 lock nuts
1 length of 3/8" fuel tubing ( cut to fit)

Real easy... Just drill the jack handle about 6-8" down from the top, slide the all-thread through, slide the lock washers onto either side, put the nuts on either side, slide the tubing onto either side, and then finish it off with the two lock-nuts on either side. That's it. Cheap, effective, and adds some control to the jack.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. I thought it was a good idea and I'll be damned if it doesn't work very well!

*Obviously you can use any kind of tubing as long as it slides over the threaded rod. 3/8 fuel was what I had.

*Be sure to drill the holes down from the top far enough to still be able to grip and jack the handle without the "T" interfering with your hand.

*If you can find a longer length of all-thread then an 8" piece would be even better, but all I could find at Lowe's was in a 6" length.

·
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)
22,099 Posts
I didn't have any all thread laying around. But I did have some steel rod so I just threaded that. Oh joy now I have to go to Ace hardware and buy the damm washers and nuts for it. Should have just waited one day. :suicide:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts