JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello ; I've got a 2010 2 door rubicon thinking of going with the 3.5" AEV lift and running 37 BFG KM 2 and regearing to 4:88, changing the wheel well flares or cutting them. Anybody with comparable set up or pictures and comments would be appreciated.
Thank You

·
RIP Brad
3,762 Posts
1. You might have to play with bumpstops.... or get some flat fenders.
2. You might have to trim some of the rear well to open it up a bit.
3. KM2s run small... so you're really doing this with a 35.
4. I think AEV recommends their 4.5 for a 37... something to consider.
5. Add front and rear drive shafts to your budget.

Also.... be aware that 37s are a slippery slope. You'll want to start looking into lots of front end upgrades. Gets real expensive, real quick.

P.S. there are a shitload of other threads on this.

·
Premium Member
1,818 Posts
With an automatic, you will want 5.38s.

With a 6 speed, you will want 5.13s.

Here is a write-up I did on a 2.5" lift, 1" body lift, flat flares approach:

http://jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31183

With proper bumpstopping, you can run 37s on a 3.5" spring lift, but you will eventually need driveshafts on a 2 door.

If you run 37s on a 2.5" lift and 1" body lift, you can run the stock driveshafts for quite a while--especially if you have a 6 speed.

These are 37" KM2s on a 2.5" lift, 1" body lift and flat flares:

These are 40s on a 3" lift with 0.5" coil spacers, 1" body lift and flat flares:

·
Premium Member
1,818 Posts
im running a 4" poly springs and a 1" BL and the bumpstops that come with the 2.5" TF lift i had before. I can get full flex with just a bit of room to spare.
To run 37s with flat flares and a 1" body lift, you only need 2.5" rear extended bumpstops.

Depending on wheel backspacing, you need between 0"-1.25" extended front bumpstops.

With shocks suitable for 4" springs, it is likely that you would need more bumpstopping than 2.5" rear and 1.25" front to make sure your shocks don't bottom out.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Hello ; I've got a 2010 2 door rubicon thinking of going with the 3.5" AEV lift and running 37 BFG KM 2 and regearing to 4:88, changing the wheel well flares or cutting them. Anybody with comparable set up or pictures and comments would be appreciated.
Thank You
Since 37" KM2s are really 35.5", the lift should be fine. With true 37" tires, you should trim the fenders or go tube fender.

4.88 gears don't cut the mustard with 37s. 5.13 minimum.

You are going to need driveshafts.

I highly advise that you go chrome moly axle shafts and sleeve/gusset the front axle. Or, go 60 and be done with it.

I believe that lift (AEV) uses cam bolts instead of adjustable control arms. If so, I personally would get something else.

This is my heap with 4" Teraflex kit and 37" Iroks.

IMG00028 (1).jpg Untitled 0 00 26-17.jpg
Untitled 0 00 10-08.jpg Untitled 0 00 12-28 (Medium).jpg
DSC_0358.JPG

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
RE 4 1/2" lift
Trimmed flares
MTR 37 x 12.50 r17's

Go to 5:13's with a manual- maybe 5:38's with an auto. I am running 4:88's until next week when I will be upgrading to 5:13's. Just backing up a small incline, I had to really rev the engine to keep from stalling with 4:88's.

Attachments

·
RIP Brad
3,762 Posts
DD.... you ass looks a lot smaller than the last time I saw it. Did you go on a diet?

I think, seeing you are looking for a slimmer rear profile, that one of these would be perfect... of course, I'll have a report about the extra support soon enough (they have one waiting for me... just waiting on the corners. PSC has my business since RR feels I am not nearly hardcore enough for their products).

BTW.... my ass looks great in this! I owe you a beer if you recognize the spot!

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
DD.... you ass looks a lot smaller than the last time I saw it. Did you go on a diet?

BTW.... my ass looks great in this! I owe you a beer if you recognize the spot!
Yep my spare was destroying my tailgate form getting hit constantly, so it lives in the trunk now. Wow, I can actually see behind me when backing out of tight spots and have the departure angle to go almost vert now.

That spot looks suspiciously like BC109 or whereabouts.

·
RIP Brad
3,762 Posts
Coors Light, right? :thefinger:

Yeah.... I didn't realize how much it sucked, until I put it where it belonged. You feel like you are weighted more evenly now? I felt the Jeep handled much better with getting rid of all the weight on the back (LOD bumper, etc) and getting the tire in the bed. Plus.... visibility and departure angles are way better.

I'll let you know how the support works out and if I feel it will old up... they seem to think it will correct the problem I had... and I know how much you like looking at my ass now. Just think, you could have all that goodness in Oildale. :laughing:

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
I like that and may run the same set up eventually. Great lookin Jeep!
x2

This looks sick..perfect set up...really dig this build

·
Registered
10,290 Posts
i know it's a 4 door. but here's jeepnick's on 37" cooper STT's with xenons and the aev 3.5

i know the back it doesn't help ya with the 2 door, but you can see what the clearance in the front will be like.

with cut bushwackers...

·
RIP Brad
3,762 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts