JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 2016 jk that had a 6" RC lift on it. It's too high for me and I want to lower it to 3" lift. RC tells me nothing I have can be used and I have a hard time believing that.
I'm running 35" mudders on stock rims with 1.5" spacers, stock fenders. The track bar is not adjustable. DL is adjustable but I would like to flip it and get rid of the long pitman. I put on some adjustable lower CA's because the oversteer was just scary. Basically, it handles like crap and I want to fix it without having to replace it all and I'm not knowledgeable enough to know what I can and can't keep.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Hood
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Those are high quality tracphone pics :shaking:

I'm not sure about the tie rod but It looks like stock. 1.375"
If it were me, I would...
  • get some nice 3" coils - $200-500
  • replace the drop pitman with stock - $50-85
  • invest in a draglink flip adapter - $20 + 50-100 for drill bit
  • retain the stock trackbar an purchase a front trackbar relocation bracket $100-150
  • rotate your steering stabilizer out of the way $0-50

A lot of these pieces and parts can be found used for about half as much. I may even have some of them sitting unused in my garage.
Thanks. I watch all the different hype videos on the different coils and then I read people saying its mostly just hype. Is there really that much difference in coils? There's so many opinions it's hard to land on one brand. What's under yours?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would grab an adjustable track bar and they are somewhat right as it relates to the lift itself. You will need the coils/shocks/shorter sway bar links.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
Thanks for the advice. I wonder if anyone has successfully shortened their sway bar links. Maybe cut out the old rod, drill a little recess for a larger dia. rod and weld up a shorter one. Do you think that could be done?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
"retain the stock trackbar an purchase a front trackbar relocation bracket"

I know the Pictures suck but I think that's a RC front trackbar bracket showing on the first pic isn't it?
My last Jeep was a 76 CJ7 back in 82. I have no idea what stock looks like.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts