JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All.

I'm looking to buy my first jeep after almost 30 years of dreaming about one...

while I was thinking about going with a new (2016/2017), I was also looking at used ones.

One of my requirements from the JK is to have Auto with 4.1 gearing. so on the 2016-2017 I can see on the window sticker whether it had that option added or not. but I found a 2014, and while checking the window sticker, the add on of the auto transmission doesn't say "5-Speed Automatic Transmission $1,350 3.73 Front / Rear Axle Ratios Hill Descent Control" like on the new models. instead it just says "5-Speed Automatic Transmission $1,295 Hill Descent Control" and nowhere on that sticker does it say it has 3.73 gearing, just has the 4.1 listed under standard equipment.

So I guess my question is, if on 2014 Rubicons, adding the auto transmission didn't automatically meant goign to a 3.73 gearing? did the factory option just kept the 4.1?

The vin is 1C4HJWFG4EL164106, I would attach a link to the window sticker but I'm to new to the forum, so not allowed to post links

Thanks!

Mati

·
Registered
645 Posts
Good morning and welcome to JKO.

Chrysler's window stickers do not make a lot of sense and even worse if you try to 'build' one online. Yes, all Rubicon's come with the 4:1 transfer case, Dana 44 axles front and rear with lockers and 4.10 gear ratio. The 3.73 is standard with the automatic but negated after the Rubicon package is added. I have worked on several 2014 Rubicons with the same window sticker and they all have 4.10s.

·
Registered
21 Posts
My 2014 JKUR has 3.73 gears. It's my understanding that the 3.73 is standard for the Rubicon package with the auto transmission and 4.10 is an option.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just run the VIN for every JK I consider buying. Go to the below link. On the left sidebar click "Equipment Listing" Then enter the VIN and search. It will bring up the build sheet and all factory equipment. To get right to the axle ratio hit "ctrl-F" and then enter "ratio" and hit enter. You'll instantly know what ratio it had from the factory.

err...my post count isn't high enough to post links :/

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just run the VIN for every JK I consider buying. Go to the below link. On the left sidebar click "Equipment Listing" Then enter the VIN and search. It will bring up the build sheet and all factory equipment. To get right to the axle ratio hit "ctrl-F" and then enter "ratio" and hit enter. You'll instantly know what ratio it had from the factory.

err...my post count isn't high enough to post links :/
That can be an awesome link. I ended up getting a 2017 jkur, with the 4.1 off course

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts