JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· A JKO DICK
1,853 Posts
99% sure they are twin tube. I have them on my JK and love them. I have Bilsteins on my F150. The Bilsteins worked great with stock tires, but I went to 35s, which they were designed to make fit my truck and the ride is not nearly as good. If I ever kill the Bilsteins I will run the RS9000xl's on my truck too.

· Premium Member
5,163 Posts
X10 Rancho 9000's

· Premium Member
5,163 Posts
What are the shock lengths (compressed/extended) of the JK spec 9000XL's?
They offer diff sizes. Won't let me post my pic.

· Registered
498 Posts
They do. I am sure they just have x shock = y lift on the site for simplicity purposes. I'm running 9000XL's on mine and had to do a cross reference on extended/collapsed lengths to figure out what mine needed because it's all custom. Incredible shock. Give me a few part numbers and I'll get the measurements for you.

· A JKO DICK
1,853 Posts
Rancho shock specs

Here ya go!!!!

http://www.gorancho.com/assets/catalog/Specifications.pdf

The mounts you need are:

Front upper: S5
Front lower: LS38

Rear upper: XP8 or XP6(don't know why 2 different specs, but shock #s RS999332 & RS999330 both fit, but have different mounts listed)
Rear lower: LS38

· Premium Member
5,163 Posts
This help?

· Registered
929 Posts
Glad everyone else got this for me!!! LOL! Thanks all.

:)
Will rs999297 work for 6" lift I have been told, but with modification. It is eyed at both ends so bar pin eliminator s for rear upper and stub to eyed in front or welding! LOL

But I wondered about the dampening of this shock on a JK. Any concerns?

Edit I think you answered this already thanks.

These are about 1.25 longer than what we usually use on the JK, so it will be right in your height range. My concern is different mounting style on the 297 than what we use. This can be over come fairly easy, especially if a shop had parts pack around, and most do.

· Premium Member
603 Posts
Will rs999297 work for 6" lift I have been told, but with modification. It is eyed at both ends so bar pin eliminator s for rear upper and stub to eyed in front or welding! LOL

But I wondered about the dampening of this shock on a JK. Any concerns?
I wouldn't see one, honestly this is coming off a truck that ways about the same as a loaded JK, so should be a nice fit.
:beer:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.