JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just traded my 2010 JKU for a 2013 JKU Rubicon. It has a few accessories and it also has this bolted to the inside of the tailgate. Does anyone know what this is part of or is it something home made? Thanks,
Roger Jeep tailgate.jpg

·
Super Moderator
6,195 Posts
maybe a DIY version of something to hold Rotopax or similar stackable containers for h2o,fuel,etc...

(edit: on 2nd thought , that being INSIDE the tailgate it maybe just a homemade means of fortifying the spare and cinching one down. Dunno, actually. What does it connect to exterior wise?

it is not for rotopax as I suspected ...I thought it was exterior and only saw the "bolted to tailgate" not inside it,my bad)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It appears to not connected to anything on the outside of the tailgate, just the inside although I have not checked to see it the two top bolts go through to the stock carrier. I am pretty sure it had bigger tires on it before it was traded but it has the stock rubicon wheels and tires on it now, which look kind of strange with the bushwacker flat flares on it. I just don't understand what the two studs with handles are for?

·
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)
22,098 Posts
Certainly is homemade. What is for no clue, probably something the original owner wanted to mount there and then took that part off when they sold it but left the mount there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts