JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
3,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I am at work right now and just had a quick question...

For those that have cut their ABS lines. What type/gauge/etc is the wire running to the wheel?

I plan on choppin and extending those and just needed to know what to pick up on the way home.

Thanks! :beer:

·
Banned
3,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can't recall what I used, but it was 18, 20 or 22, the factory wires are real thin, especially at the front.

Thanks Phil,

I will probably just pick up some 18 gauge then. Was it just standard multistrand wire?

I am surprised, I did not realize they were so thin. really makes you realize how easy they could break :eek:

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
It's just two wires for each, the front is a bit of a pain as it is encased in rubber, the rear is just two wires twisted together.

FWIW I extended mine by about 8" and they are plenty long enough. I also did all the locker wiring.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Hey Scott, pm me your address if you want, I have some really good 2 conductor cable in a nice thick rubber jacket. I think it's 18 or 20 gauge stranded. It came off our real time x-ray machine, it's designed to flex all day long and not break. I'll send you what you need.

·
Banned
3,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sweet!

Thanks John!

Just need enough for the front and rear.

oh...Hey, I told Airric00 that when I picked up wire and connectors I would pick up enough for him as well. Do you have that much extra?

I would be happy to send you some $$$ ...If you don't, no worries

PM sent

·
Registered
962 Posts
Sweet!

Thanks John!

Just need enough for the front and rear.

oh...Hey, I told Airric00 that when I picked up wire and connectors I would pick up enough for him as well. Do you have that much extra?

I would be happy to send you some $$$ ...If you don't, no worries

PM sent
I have plenty, 1 piece at 33.5 feet, 1 piece at 12 feet, and 1 piece at 11 feet. Just let me know how much you guys need and I'll send it, no charge. I'm a pack rat, it'll just sit here and take up room:)

BTW, it's 20 gauge.

The cable is Iges Chainflex CF130-05-02, here's the tech sheet on it. Both of the insulator jackets are black, but they are numbered "1" and "2".

See pics below.

Oh, and your pm didn't get through.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts