JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok got a question....I have MT Classic II's (17x9)on my Jeep now. I have the awesome Poly Performance Synergy II lift on it. (3"). Will the AEV Pintler wheels work with this lift? My drivers side rear end link is about 1/2 of an inch from the tire now. I really like the Walker Evans simulated Beadlock wheels too...I think those work. But what about the AEV wheels...some have success and some don't. Guru's of Awesome Jeep stuff....???

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You just saved me a lot of money and hassle bud!
Glad I didn't spend the money either!!

Ok then...that settles that.

NEXT!!! :bounce:

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
Yup, you'll need spacers with Pintler rims and a Poly lift kit. AEV measure their back spacing in an unusual way, and by most methods of measuring it, it is actually higher than the way they do it.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Yup, you'll need spacers with Pintler rims and a Poly lift kit. AEV measure their back spacing in an unusual way, and by most methods of measuring it, it is actually higher than the way they do it.
We have a new solution with guys trying to run factory off set wheels with our kits. Obviously the issues that guys have are with the rear after market swaybar links that we manufacturer. The links are only compatible with with with a MAX BS of 4.75" (measured the normal way of course). If you want to run AEV Wheels run these instead. For those of you wanting to use these instead of the rear swaybar links when ordering a kit just let us know and we will swap them out for you. They are also $35 less expensive.

Jeep JK Rear Swaybar Drop Brackets

BTW, these are pics of the new Synergy Starter System that we will be releasing soon....

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
WOW..COOL...So that stock end links would work then. :D

A

·
0 Posts
The AEV Pintler wheels will still be too close to the upper control arms on the rear. Mine had ¼” of gap and would bind when I jacked the truck up (which I assume would have happened at full droop when wheeling. I’m running a 4 1/2” stage III lift with 37x 12.5x 17 MT/Rs

Another note on AEV Pintler wheels. 3 ring bolts sheared off one of my wheels last weekend. It could have happened wheeling but I’d driven 300 miles before I noticed. I heard this weird air noise on each tire rotation and when I looked part of the ring was sticking out maybe an inch and air was pissing out. There is no visible damage to the bolts either side of the ring and it looks like it almost “popped” while on the freeway!! The bolt shafts are still in the wheel and it looks like the heads just popped off.

I’ll post a pic later, I haven’t had time to deal with it yet.

I so wish I’d never bought these piece of crap wheels and I’m very close to putting all 5 of them out with the trash and getting something else.

FYI a new ring is $99 from AEV but I’m going to try to straighten mine and use it on the spare.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
From Alec's experiences there is no way I would consider AEV wheels. No way in hell. Perhaps their other products are good, but his beadlock wheels are scary. :eek:

I know this is no consolation to Alec (Sorry about the bad luck :(), but FWIW I have no regrets having gone with Pro Comp Wheels and Staun Internal beadlocks. Living with them has been effortless on two trucks so far. The only difficult part would be the install - and even that isn't all that bad.

I hope that this answers the OPs question. Just say NO to AEV wheels. :thefinger:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts