JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, i'm heading down to Amarillo next month and I want to visit San Antonio or Albuquerque....problem is interwebz doesn't believe any regional airlines exist to get between these cities.
Are there any local airlines to bounce around? Or am I hoofing it?

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
My boy went to school in Amarillo and we would fly him home on Southwest Air. So I know that they service it but you would probably have a plane change in DFW for a flight to SA. 14 days out the ticket prices are pretty good.

Your quote in your sig line proves that you are a man of high class and good taste:thankyou:

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My boy went to school in Amarillo and we would fly him home on Southwest Air. So I know that they service it but you would probably have a plane change in DFW for a flight to SA. 14 days out the ticket prices are pretty good.

Your quote in your sig line proves that you are a man of high class and good taste:thankyou:
I was hoping to find something direct.... With the layover at DFW, its almost faster to drive to SA, Alb is just as stupid with a layover in Denver.

Thank you sir,I try :thankyou:

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
It would be a helluva drive.... 8hrs or so. Southwest Airlines, with a layover in Dallas, is about 3-4 hours total time depending on the flights.

~SoCo

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It would be a helluva drive.... 8hrs or so. Southwest Airlines, with a layover in Dallas, is about 3-4 hours total time depending on the flights.

~SoCo
Good point, I was remembering the drive between Dallas and Amarillo...ticket included I did it under 4 hours. Forgot to factor in DFW to SA. I just don't understand why they don't have local airlines in a state as fucking big as Texas!

·
Banned
378 Posts
Good point, I was remembering the drive between Dallas and Amarillo...ticket included I did it under 4 hours. Forgot to factor in DFW to SA. I just don't understand why they don't have local airlines in a state as fucking big as Texas!
In a sense, we do have local airline(s); they're privately owned aircraft. Believe me, it's the most expedient form of transportation in Texas when points A to B exceed 150 miles.

·
CalmerThanYouAre
9,377 Posts
Its an easy drive to Albuquerque from Amarillo. You could shoot up to Santa Fe too.

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
.... I just don't understand why they don't have local airlines in a state as fucking big as Texas!
We used to, Loan Star Air I think it was called. Great prices and they flew all over the place. But they ended up going under.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Excellent, thanks for all the replies. I've decided i'm just going to buy a Cessna while i'm down there.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.