JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed that some manufacturers are modifying there driver side control arm brackets on thier long arm kits to work with the exhaust loop on the 2012. I've also seen that some people with other brand lifts have done the modification themselves. Is Rock Krawler planning on changing thier brackets as well? If not, would I be able to modify it myself? I'm really trying to avoid modifying/removing the exhaust loop.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
If anyone else has any thoughts on this, lets hear em.

·
Registered
4,734 Posts
We are not planning on modifiing our mounts for the exhaust loop. We have always required an exhaust modification anyway. Sorry, but we won't sacrifice the high clearance feature that we offer to save that loop!

Sorry!

RK

·
Registered
4,511 Posts
Assuming three link, what if he mounts the upper CA on the passengers side? Seems like it would work....

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We are not planning on modifiing our mounts for the exhaust loop. We have always required an exhaust modification anyway. Sorry, but we won't sacrifice the high clearance feature that we offer to save that loop!

Sorry!

RK
Ok, no prob, I understand.

Any fab guys here no if its possibly to make some kind of modification to make it work with the loop?

I havn't had a chance to actually take a look at it myself yet. Busy with work, my suspension knowledge is limited anyways. If I have to get the AFE loop/delte Y-pipe, then so be it. I just need to figure this out before I start the lift install.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, I did a lot of calling around today, and this is what I got. All the suspension peeps I talked with said cut the loop off. All the exhaust peeps said DO NOT cut off the loop. WTF!!!!!!! :suicide:

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
Everyone doing any serious mods will cut that loop off. Someone even makes a kit for its replacement already. The couple of HP you may lose by 'de-tuning' it won't be noticable. Just my .02

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Everyone doing any serious mods will cut that loop off. Someone even makes a kit for its replacement already. The couple of HP you may lose by 'de-tuning' it won't be noticable. Just my .02
Ya, Ive been trying to find out some numbers on exactly how much torque and HP will "actually" be lost, but nothing.
The kit your refering to, is it the AFE y-pipe/loop delete?

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
4,511 Posts
From the limited pics I've seen I'd say yes, but i haven't been under one to get a good look.

·
Registered
4,734 Posts
You can always run the upper link down the passenger side. But, keep this in mind, if you wheel your JK pretty hard, you certainly will end up crushing that exhaust loop sooner or later... So, eventually it will need to be replaced anyway!

RK

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You can always run the upper link down the passenger side. But, keep this in mind, if you wheel your JK pretty hard, you certainly will end up crushing that exhaust loop sooner or later... So, eventually it will need to be replaced anyway!

RK
Well that's good news, that's exactly what I'll do then. As far as crushing the loop, I'll be purchasing the Evo skid system which covers the loop.

·
Registered
4,511 Posts

RK
Thanks for the help Jeremy.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts