JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,
The time has come for me to PCS again. Though generally I have no problem going where I am told and doing what I am told, my branch manager has turned tail on me (he is well known as a douchenozzel anyway). I found out today he is trying to send me to Korea. After 5 overseas tours I am wanting to stay in the states a little longer (2 x Germany, 2 x Iraq, 1 x Korea). So I ask of you all.....do you know of any openings in your units/post?

35F48 Looking for a job. Would prefer west coast.

I actually volunteered for FT. Irwin and was told they were fully staffed:laughing:

Any serious openings and I can send my last 2 NCOERs and ERB!

SFC Freeman

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Take a look at Ft Bragg area. You could go 95th CA, 4th POG or support for 3rd SFG. Also, AWG on Ft Meade in Maryland would be another option. Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
3,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Take a look at Ft Bragg area. You could go 95th CA, 4th POG or support for 3rd SFG. Also, AWG on Ft Meade in Maryland would be another option. Hope this helps.

Definitley helps, problem is I need line number for those positions. I am currently at an AC/RC slot (TSXXII to be exact) and due to ARNET infrastructure I due not have access to EDASS, hence me asking. Thanks again though, I will make some calls and see what is open:beer:

·
Premium Member
3,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Haha, you funny Petersan... You're rig is impressive, but the 25 meter target is keeping you happy in the USA. These are not the Jedi's you are looking for...

·
Premium Member
3,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Have you looked at SOCOM?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Not nearly as glamorous a job as you may think. I have done SF support before and was not impressed by the level of competence of the support staff. The operators know their job, wish I could say the same fore the rest.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
He's talking about higher than ODA support and wondering if you took a look at the "Big Leagues". I hear Florida, ESPECIALLY McDill is nice every time of year.

·
Premium Member
3,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
He's talking about higher than ODA support and wondering if you took a look at the "Big Leagues". I hear Florida, ESPECIALLY McDill is nice every time of year.
I know what the big leagues are. I got tagged for direct support to a team last tour in IZ. Maybe it was because I was an "outsider" maybe it was other reasons, but the level of support they were getting left alot to be desired. The team on the other hand was great, they know their stuff in their sleep. It was definitley one of the best experiences in my career! I know it seems I am being a little picky, but there is a reason behind my madness. I have just under 5 years left to retire and I want a job I can love, not just another position. I want this to be my last assignment and I want to enjoy it. I have done what I was told for the last 15 years, alot of it has been good, some not so much, this time I am going to fight for what I want tooth and nail and be as picky as possible. :beer:

I am In AWG hit me up!
PM sent

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
5 more years and you WANT to retire? Shoot bro, you still got another 20 left before they kick you out. Plenty of time. Now is the time you take the experience you got and transfer it to the Main Event. You probably didn't get the "support" you needed on the that certain realm because they move and shake independently. Once you become fully one of them, you'll appreciate life all the more. Don't sleep on McDill or a 3-letter.

·
Premium Member
3,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
5 more years and you WANT to retire? Shoot bro, you still got another 20 left before they kick you out. Plenty of time. Now is the time you take the experience you got and transfer it to the Main Event. You probably didn't get the "support" you needed on the that certain realm because they move and shake independently. Once you become fully one of them, you'll appreciate life all the more. Don't sleep on McDill or a 3-letter.
Want to retire.....no. Have other plans, yes. I was lucky and joined young, I will have my twenty at 37 years old. Looking to do another 20-25 in law enforcement. That said, it depends on what oportunities arise when the time comes. I am not against staying 40, nor am I against getting a second retirement to enjoy my old age. I have enoyed the last 15 and have been given some incredible oportunities (wich I took full advatage of), I have also experienced the worst the Army has to offer as well. I have no problem being the dutiful soldier, I also have no problem reaching out thru various means to see what is out there and make my own oportunities, hence this thread and the hundred or so emails and phonecalls I made today. :beer:

·
Registered
467 Posts
Not nearly as glamorous a job as you may think. I have done SF support before and was not impressed by the level of competence of the support staff. The operators know their job, wish I could say the same fore the rest.
I've been with the MISO folks for over a year and very impressed with them. I would say that both the staff and the operators need to do a better job of communicating.

My experience is the folks working on the staff sometimes still act as if they are in the field.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.