JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Research, bro!
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe y'all can enlighten me. So when I got my Slabs about a week ago, there were no beadlock bolts or inserts in in any of the wheel boxes or a separate hardware box. Called vendor and he got a box of bolts/inserts sent, which arrived today. Box has a ziplock each of bolts and inserts. No instructions. To me, it doesn't look like OEM packaging. So here are my questions:

1. What's the proper way to set the inserts into the wheel? From top or bottom?
2. What tool do you use to do this? None in box? Is there a torque spec for the inserts themselves?
3. It looks like red locktite is on all the inserts threads. Is that what you had or did my inserts come out of the used parts bin? (I'm fine with that as long as they all "work").
4. How easy did your inserts thread into the wheel? I'm asking because, because just "testing" one by hand I get about 1/2 rotation from top (those slots in the inserts facing upwards) before it stops. Almost looks like too big of an insert but maybe they are suppose to be really tight fits and you elbow it in with a tool. :dunno: I question forcing it any further until I get some feedback.

I want to get these puppies on my new tires and start working tires out. Girlfriend starting to give grief with all the jeep stuff sitting in garage!

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
thats really strange they didnt come already with the insert in the wheel.. ive had three sets of spyderlocks which are the same wheel.. and they always came with the inserts in the wheel.. but maybe the atx come with out them installed ? i bet someone forgot to add the hardware.. but shouldn't be a problem to thread those in their. ive used a big flat head screw driver to remove them.. and you probably should use red lock tight on them . good luck ..great wheel

·
Registered
139 Posts
ATX must have really dropped the ball I have a buddy with the same problem. He called them yesterday and they sent the inserts out rite away. We are going to start on them Friday. I have the same wheels but all the inserts were installed already.

·
Registered
152 Posts
My wheels were shipped complete all I had to do was mount the tire and set the ring and bolt it down. Every box had a box of Allen head ring bolts and the valve stems.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Research, bro!
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My wheels were shipped complete all I had to do was mount the tire and set the ring and bolt it down. Every box had a box of Allen head ring bolts and the valve stems.
I think the OEM packaging department took a snooze during the quality control meeting then - I have to pick up some valve stems too.

·
Research, bro!
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
POS inserts (or my particular set of wheels)! :mad: I bought the Sypderlocks insert tool to install them correctly. No go. The very first two inserts broke under install (threading) load at about a full turn in. This is not going to work 120 times. Now I got to see what the vendor says. It's going to suck the big one if I have to send these wheels back and wait for new ones.

·
Registered
139 Posts
We used a bolt with a lock nut threaded on to it. We threaded the bolt into the insert until it was against the jam nut. Then you can turn the insert in with a ratchet and the lock nut will keep the insert from going to deep. we had them all installed pretty quick. If you have any questions just send me a message.

·
Research, bro!
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We used a bolt with a lock nut threaded on to it. We threaded the bolt into the insert until it was against the jam nut. Then you can turn the insert in with a ratchet and the lock nut will keep the insert from going to deep. we had them all installed pretty quick. If you have any questions just send me a message.
Awesome - thanks! I'll try this after work.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.