JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a call from a friend who said that in his TJ rubicon he is having a leaking problem of what apears to be water dripping on his driver side floorboard. It is not a top leaking problem as the "water" drips after the jeep is parked even on dry days.
Could it be a compressor issue? What would be on the driver side that would drip what appears to be water??

Thanks in advanced.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I just got a call from a friend who said that in his TJ rubicon he is having a leaking problem of what apears to be water dripping on his driver side floorboard. It is not a top leaking problem as the "water" drips after the jeep is parked even on dry days.
Could it be a compressor issue? What would be on the driver side that would drip what appears to be water??

Thanks in advanced.
AC condenser? does it happen year round?

·
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!
8,956 Posts
Heater core might be leaking.

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
If it's coolant then usually the heater core is leaking. If it's clean water then the heater-core/condenser box could have a clogged drain. This drain is why you'll see water dripping from cars in the summer. Try smelling the water see what it is. If its clean, try running a coat hanger up the drain tube under the jeep. It could have dirt in it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone , He said he thinks it is a leak in the windshield. Now he said it happens when he leaves it outside. Anyhow. I will have him check the other items everyone mentioned.

Thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts