JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a little bit of a predicament that I can not figure out what type of wheels and backspacing to get for the new tires I received.
This is what is stated on metal cloaks website to prevent rubbing.

with this lift and stock wheels I have had to use 1.75” wheel spacers to accomplish the 11-3/4” between the frame rail and the inner wall of my tires.

I have recently received my new tires which are 37x12.50x17 and want to run a 17x8.5 or 17x9 wheel. But what backspacing do I need to keep the 11-3/4 inches as I am trying to get rid of the need for wheel spacers.

All help is appreciated

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
I have a little bit of a predicament that I can not figure out what type of wheels and backspacing to get for the new tires I received.
This is what is stated on metal cloaks website to prevent rubbing. View attachment 365143
with this lift and stock wheels I have had to use 1.75” wheel spacers to accomplish the 11-3/4” between the frame rail and the inner wall of my tires.

I have recently received my new tires which are 37x12.50x17 and want to run a 17x8.5 or 17x9 wheel. But what backspacing do I need to keep the 11-3/4 inches as I am trying to get rid of the need for wheel spacers.

All help is appreciated
3.5" is what I needed. Ymmv

·
Registered
259 Posts
3.5" works well and I'm at 3". Some people have been OK with 4.25" but I suspect that haven't tried turning the wheels during full articulation and/or they are not using MC Overline fenders.. If you aren't going to be using the 6Pak shocks you will probably be OK with minor rubbing at the 4.25" The 6Pak shocks need more room unless you rotate them 90 degrees.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts