JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My steering wheel was turned to the right after i put on the lift so today I went to the shop and thought I fixed it. I had it centered and the wheels straight. Now I go for a ride and the wheel is turned to the left. And its not a little....the steering wheel looks like it is at a half turn. What can be causeing this?

·
Registered
582 Posts
instead of trying to eyeball if the wheels are straight. pull the jeep as far out of the bay/parking spot as you can. then pull forward into the spot, repeat this in and out until the the Jeep tracks straight into the spot. now your wheels are center. now you can adjust your adjuster.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My question to that is I drove for awhile after I fixed them and they were fine and then went out agian and at that time they turned. I will try what you said but it wierd to me that it turned after driving.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
sounds like you need a 15mm wrench and tighten the adjuster on the drag link. I would probably do that asap.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
did your tighten down the adjuster? and did you make sure nothing it bent like the tie rod or drag link
sounds like you need a 15mm wrench and tighten the adjuster on the drag link. I would probably do that asap.
I did not see anything bent. I will go and try to tighten the adjuster again. Thanks everyone

·
Registered
4,161 Posts
Check the TB bolts on frame & axle. If they're the slightest bit loose (less than 125 ft lbs) the axle will move one side or the other and the steering wheel will again be off-center.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks i will check that out.

This is why I love this site. Its like the Marine Corps. Everyone is willing to help!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts