JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up the quadratec rear cargo liner at the tent sale. I am trying to figure out a way to sucure it to the floor so its not sliding around or anything. Any ideas would be apreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
dosent it just fit in the rear perfect with no room to move ? maybe im thinking of a different one..?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It does fit pretty good but it seems like it still could slide around alot. The sides are pretty tight to the jeep and the back is tight to the tailgate but theres nothing stopping it from sliding foward towards the front seats.

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
Just picked up the quadratec rear cargo liner at the tent sale. I am trying to figure out a way to sucure it to the floor so its not sliding around or anything. Any ideas would be apreciated. Thanks.
I had the Rugged Ridge rear cargo liner for a while. I cut out around the rear seat connection points on the floor and then slipped a piece of paint stir stick between the cut-out and the cargo liner. While I no longer run this set-up it prevented the cargo liner from moving around. Not that it moved all that much anyway.

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
Some already mentioned

Velcro
Double sided tape
Rivets
Bolts
Gorilla glue
Cut the liner and use the tie down strap
Toss the liner, pull out the carpet and bed line

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
Some already mentioned

Velcro
Double sided tape
Rivets
Bolts
Gorilla glue
Cut the liner and use the tie down strap
Toss the liner, pull out the carpet and bed line

Common man - give the guy some ideas of what to do!:D

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
I had one in mine and it fit quite snug, never had any issues with it moving. Only issue I did have was the lip on the tailgate side started to tear from sliding things in and out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the ideas guys. Was thinking of trying velcro so i can take the liner out pretty easily if needed but not sure how well it would stick to rubber and the carpet. Using the seat brackets is a good idea but wasent planning on cutting them out since i dont use my rear seat.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I have had mine in for two years, it has never moved around on me, even with top and doors off. Maybe I am just lucky. The rear floor mats are a different story.

·
Moon's Out Goons Out
125 Posts
Don't know how you feel about cutting your carpet and the liner but you could stick 3M command hooks (or similar product) to the floor and feed them through the liner at the four corners. I doubt you'd ever notice the small slits you'd have to make in the carpet.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts