JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just picked up my 37s today (decided over the 35s) and got a HECK OF A DEAL! got 5 rather decent Wrangler MTRs and 5 Rims for $380!!! Any way, I talked to one of the vendors about my situation/lift desires and he said I should be good doing the following:
3.25" RC Suspension lift
1.25" BL
Wheel Spacers

said I should be good doing that. I do not do much offroading AT ALL and even when I do it is VERY LIGHT trailing. Anything else that I would ABSOLUTELY NEED to do with it?

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Not sure if you need the body lift or not because I don't know what kind of actual lift that kit is going to provide.

If you got wheels and tires, what kind of wheels did you end up with? Are they stock? You may or may not need wheel spacers depending on that.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not sure if you need the body lift or not because I don't know what kind of actual lift that kit is going to provide.

If you got wheels and tires, what kind of wheels did you end up with? Are they stock? You may or may not need wheel spacers depending on that.
Yea Im putting the tires on the stock wheels for now, from my understanding I will need the wheel spacers

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Be careful wheeling with 37s on the front. unless theres a Rubi D44 in the front.. That stock X front axles are a little light..

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Be careful wheeling with 37s on the front. unless theres a Rubi D44 in the front.. That stock X front axles are a little light..
Dnt really wheel the JK, use the YJ for that one, but I will occasionally do some trail riding in it though, nothing climbing or wading or anything like that...i owe too dang much on it lol

·
Registered
440 Posts
Dnt really wheel the JK, use the YJ for that one, but I will occasionally do some trail riding in it though, nothing climbing or wading or anything like that...i owe too dang much on it lol
I'm glad you added the YJ part. I was going to suggest you needed a flower vase if all you are doing is building a mall crawler. But to each his own, let freedom of Jeep ring.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Here is a pictureof mine with a 3.5" Rock Krawler X Factor Lift and 37's. I plan to get a 1" spacer for the back to lift it a little. I tend to keep a bunch of gear in the back plus I have the 37 hanging on the back bumper. I would try just the lift without the Body and see how it works out for you. I've been told the RC lifts give you a little extra height.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok let me rephrase, I dnt really wheel the jk...YET hen it's set up right for it I most definitely will....and I may use the body lift just so I can have that little extra bit of lift

·
Registered
5,305 Posts
Ok let me rephrase, I dnt really wheel the jk...YET hen it's set up right for it I most definitely will....and I may use the body lift just so I can have that little extra bit of lift
Yep. every little bit of lift helps. You should make it as tall as possible so that your tires never rub and you don't have to trim any sheetmetal. Super tall Jeeps are what the ladies love anyway.:laughing2::thefinger:

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I have the 2.5" Coil lift and I have installed the 3.25" on a 2 door.

In my opinion you're gonna need the body lift dude. I couldn't do much flexing at all with the 35s on the 2.5" lift. The 3.25 is just the 2.5" coils with a .75" spacer.

Get the body lift. You'll like the ride, my RC coils ride very nice.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yea I'm country as a cornflake so me bein me I like the higher jeep with the bigger wheels. I put the ordr in this morning and already paid and got the body lift with the suspension lift and the 37s.

·
Registered
76 Posts

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
IMO, body lifts are a pita. I'd save my money and buy a 4" spring lift like Rock Krawler, TeraFlex or one of the several other good brands. You could even watch the for sale section for guys selling that type of lift when they go bigger. I sold my TF 4" spring lift for 400.00 when I took it off for my long arm coil over kit. The guy who bought it got a fantastic lift for a great price.

It would be worth it. And if you don't wheel hard you whould be fine on a D30 and 37s.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
IMO, body lifts are a pita. I'd save my money and buy a 4" spring lift like Rock Krawler, TeraFlex or one of the several other good brands. You could even watch the for sale section for guys selling that type of lift when they go bigger. I sold my TF 4" spring lift for 400.00 when I took it off for my long arm coil over kit. The guy who bought it got a fantastic lift for a great price.

It would be worth it. And if you don't wheel hard you whould be fine on a D30 and 37s.
Yea the body lift actually wasn't bad at all. And I was actually going to go with a higher lift, just couldn't afford the driveshafts at this time, when I can afford those, this bad body will be getting a little bit taller!!!

Hopefully doing the rear bumper relo tonight, been tryin to for a whle now and just cant get the dang time, but then I am starting the Susp lift tomorrow!!!
Here ya go, heres a pic of the BL:

·
Registered
534 Posts
For very light wheeling like you said, that lift will probably be fine. The plastic airdam thing will rub, and the front bumper will bne close as well as the rear pinch seam. You may have to trim either or all of them.

Also, the stock gears are going to suck :)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts