JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think they'll work but anyone know for sure if a set of purejeep d-ring mounts will bolt on in place of stock front hooks?
I'm wanting to replace my hooks with d-rings on my mopar front bumper.
If I chop off the crush cans, can I bolt the purejeeps on in place of the factory hooks?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Wow, those A to Z's look like crap, even in their own picture! The plate looks thin, the welds suck and the powder coat is horrible looking :shaking:

A to Z

The Pure Jeeps are only $10 more, but have much better looking welds with thicker plate and the powder coat isnt all glopped up....
I guess you get what you pay for!

And yes they do bolt right up where the tow hooks were, and they also hold the bumper on.
Here is my Mopar bumper before I removed it for a Shrockworks stubby :)

·
Registered
449 Posts
Wow, those A to Z's look like crap, even in their own picture! The plate looks thin, the welds suck and the powder coat is horrible looking :shaking:
The plates aren't thin at all, it's just a crappy pic. Powdercoat anything gloss black with welds on thick plate like that and take a close up pic and I bet it would look the same. AtoZ makes good stuff :D

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
The PJ ones will bolt right up, but you could make your own (or get someone to make some) easily enough. I have the PJ ones on the rear, but gave up waiting for the front ones so made some out of 1/2" plate and 1". Just cut a slot in the plate for the 1" and weld it front and rear and it will be plenty strong enough.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I bought mine from Nate's 4x4 for around $50. They aren't powder coated but are high quality. They have pulled out many things since I got them.

Medsker

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
BTW The PJ ones (like many others) have a 1" hole, and the usual 3/4" shackle pin is 7/8", and mine rattled around like crazy, so I cut some sleeves out of 1" OD 0.65" wall chromoly tube. No more rattle.

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I bought mine from Nate's 4x4 for around $50. They aren't powder coated but are high quality. They have pulled out many things since I got them.
Medsker
just checked nate's site and they don't show any
just the tab the shackle goes through

·
Registered
51 Posts
just checked nate's site and they don't show any
just the tab the shackle goes through
Yea, I e-mailed him and asked him about them when his bumper first came out and he gave me a price. I don't think he regularly sells them. I just have one on my passenger side...I left the stock hook on the driver's side.

Medsker

1 - 12 of 12 Posts