JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a new-to-me travel trailer last week and it seems that all I have done is work, clean and buy stuff for it for the last week. The kids and I took it out for a short over-nighter Sunday. All went fairly well, minus a blowout within 10 miles, until the temp dropped down overnight and I tried to turn the heat on and had troubles.

The heater works as it should for a few minutes. Fan blows, burner lights, and it puts out heat for a couple minutes then goes into cool down mode and shuts down before reaching the room temp set on the thermostat.

Normally I would start testing/bypassing switches but this unit is not accessible unless it is removed from the RV and run on a bench. The only thing even remotely accessible is the overtemp switch that, according to the manual, is behind the ductwork and would be too terrible to get to. Anyone have any suggestions without me having to pull this whole thing out?

·
Registered
14 Posts
You should be able to access some of it from the vent outside, remove the vent cover and check for debris. Clogged intake/exhaust could cause that kind of problem..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts