JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New here, hi folks!

When I got my 2016 jku (stock) a few months back and went for an alignment they had to install a camber shim in the front driver side and all was good.

Fast forward 2 months I decided to add 2.5” spring lift, 35x12.5x17 nitto trail grapplers, and front lower adjustable control arms to correct caster.

Now my front left camber is out of spec. They recommend adjustable ball joints. sigh wishing shims were stackable lol :/

Below are my alignment specs. Why would it be pulling left?? I thought it should pull to the most positive camber (less negative) side?
26psi in all 4 tires.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also, based off the specs it should be pulling right. Since it’s not pulling right it leads me to believe this isn’t an issue with my alignment/camber… thoughts?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'm not an expert on camber, so unfortunately can't say what to do here for sure, but shimming camber is not very common based on the fact that this is the first time I've come across this subject... If you corrected caster with control arms after lifting, camber should not change. I'm pretty sure it can't, I mean it's a solid axle.

Has your suspension been beaten in the past? maybe something is twisted or loose?

Are the axles aligned and centered, make sure hub to hub measurement is the same on both sides?

Cheap liftkits without adjustable panhards will pull the axles to the side, this may result in puling to the side.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts