JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a problem and hopefully someone can help me out.

I recently had a soft top fabric replaced by the dealer because of a tear in a stress point located above the right rear door where the top folds. They said it was because "there was a bracket installed backwards" and it was putting stress on the top.

So now, they claimed to have reveresed the bracket, and replaced the top fabric under warrenty. Ever since then, I have noticed that the top seems looser, and there is a puddle of water almost 1-1.5 foot diameter above the rear left door which just sits there anytime it rains or i wash the jeep.

Is this something I am going to have to deal with, or should i raise some hell at the dealership and get them to replace or repair it again? I do have pictures available, but not loaded on the work computer here to post them. When I have my laptop back, I will post them to this (if i can, since this is my first post here on the forum, it may not work)

·
Registered
309 Posts
Unless you buy the stringer that put a bow in the soft top you just have to deal with it.

I personally have never had a soft top/ bikini top/ safari top, or any other cloth top that didn't collect a puddle.

Hey thats Jeep life baby!:thefinger:

·
Registered
5,765 Posts
Sorry I just saw this. I have a similar problem but with the right rear. I never had the top replaced (08 4 dr) and it's happened ever since we had it. If I put something between the sound bar and top, obviously no problem but that doesn't always work to leave something there. I can also park on a slight angle and no puddle. It hasn't damaged anything but it can be a pia when someone needs to get in that door. I don't remember where I saw it but there is a kind of "extra" bow system you can get which would stop that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts