JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this question inside of another thread but need a quick response and don't want it to get lost.

I'm plumbing my PCS ram assist tonight and cant find a definitive answer on the proper orientation of the hoses.

My kit came with no instructions.

Talking to PSC they have said:

- Box port closest to driver should connect to the driver's side of the cylinder

- Found an install thread on another site which says box port closest to the front of the vehicle should connect to the driver's side of the cylinder.

Anyone able to unlock the mystery?

I want to avoid switching the lines once I have fluid in the system.

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Either way if it's wrong you'll know
My extreme ram was opposite my street ram when I swapped them
So I dont have a definitive answer for you

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Either way if it's wrong you'll know
My extreme ram was opposite my street ram when I swapped them
So I dont have a definitive answer for you
Thanks for the repply.

I have installed a few and know it will be obvious if its wrong.

Just trying to save the mess / hassle.

Not sure how your's would have changed........regardless of the cylinder the hose orientation should not be affected?????????

Did you change the mounting direction of the cylinder which you swapped?

·
Registered
428 Posts
I was told by PSC that its reverse rotation and that the hose orientation is backwards from the diagram......well that was WRONG........here is the quote from him..."Your gear is reverse rotation, so port closest to the fire wall goes to the pass side of the cylinder." it should go to drivers side of the cylinder.....

AND...the fixed end of my ram is at the track bar.....other on the tie rod. I am running the new gear box and 1.75in ram with a stock truck hemi PSP ported by Howe and I love the system...turns 39in krawlers in the rocks great.....great on road manners....

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Nope didn't change anything
We swapped em pretty quick didn't loose much

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was told by PSC that its reverse rotation and that the hose orientation is backwards from the diagram......well that was WRONG........here is the quote from him..."Your gear is reverse rotation, so port closest to the fire wall goes to the pass side of the cylinder." it should go to drivers side of the cylinder.....

Thanks!

Just to be clear.

Port closest to firewall = driver's side

Correct???

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.