JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes ...I searched, Googled, used the Ouiga Board, and consulted with Miss Cleo.

:shitstorm:

My tail light wiring is correct and everything works. The only issue is that the passenger side tail light blinks two times faster than normal.

Anyone had this issue? Solution?

Thanks in advance!!!

:drinking-42:

·
Registered
13,230 Posts
Have resistors on both sides?

Sent via paper airplane

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have resistors on both sides?

Sent via paper airplane
Are your front blinkers working??

Yes on both. The front/rear passenger side blink rapidly. It's not a huge issue, but I'm going to pull the corners off one more time today to fix a couple small things and would like to take care of this at that time.

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did you check fuse and orientation of resistor?
Yes ...and another odd thing about it. It worked perfectly when I first wired/tested it. It started doing this after the whole thing was bolted on and hooked up.

·
Registered
13,230 Posts
Is the resistor supposed to be before the light? Is that how you have it?

You can check the resistance of it, perhaps it's open. How did you attach the resistor inline? Damn butt connectors?

Sent via paper airplane

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is the resistor supposed to be before the light? Is that how you have it?

You can check the resistance of it, perhaps it's open.

Sent via paper airplane

Yeah ...before the light. It's installed exactly how the instruction said.

How would I check the resistance? Remember ...my electrical skills are far less that Jedi ...and have almost resulted in catastrophic melt down, LOL!!

·
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)
22,098 Posts
Is it hooked up exactly like on the driver side? Maybe you cross wired it on passenger side.

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Is it hooked up exactly like on the driver side? Maybe you cross wired it on passenger side.

Yes. Based on the pic in the instructions (how the resistor is orientated) it's the exact same on the passenger side. I'll list flipping the passenger side resistor as something to try.

·
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)
22,098 Posts
If you have not already hard wired the driver side in yet. Try flipping driver to passenger side to see what you get and rule out the resisitor as the culprit.

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If you have not already hard wired the driver side in yet. Try flipping driver to passenger side to see what you get and rule out the resisitor as the culprit.
Didn't work ...thanks.

I had the same problem but said fuck it and left it to blink faster. If it bugs you that much just wire in a lite bulb and tuck it in the well.
Doesn't really bother me. Just wanted to tray and fix it before final mounting. It might be fast, but it works.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Kinda related:
When I installed my ORO plate light/brake light on the spare tire mount, I had the same thing happen to the driver's side. Blinked fast, even though I wired into the passenger side wires for the plate/brake light. The wires for the OEM license plate light were just taped off and tucked up behind the tail light. I think the CANBUS was freaking out due to the license plate light not being hooked up like stock, because all bulbs were good and it 'fixed' itself after driving the Heep around for two or three days. :cwm13:

Maybe disco your battery for a few minutes and see if it resets.

AMP

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Kinda related:
When I installed my ORO plate light/brake light on the spare tire mount, I had the same thing happen to the driver's side. Blinked fast, even though I wired into the passenger side wires for the plate/brake light. The wires for the OEM license plate light were just taped off and tucked up behind the tail light. I think the CANBUS was freaking out due to the license plate light not being hooked up like stock, because all bulbs were good and it 'fixed' itself after driving the Heep around for two or three days. :cwm13:

Maybe disco your battery for a few minutes and see if it resets.

AMP

Cool ...i'll give that a try. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Now I have a ghost!!! Not every time, but occasionally when I open my tailgate the passenger side tail light flashes.

·
Registered
13,230 Posts
Now I have a ghost!!! Not every time, but occasionally when I open my tailgate the passenger side tail light flashes.
that is somewhat to be expected with the LED tails. They take such a low current to operate that the voltage spike of the TIPM (I assume) waking up after it has gone to "sleep" will illuminate the light. Pretty "normal"..

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
that is somewhat to be expected with the LED tails. They take such a low current to operate that the voltage spike of the TIPM (I assume) waking up after it has gone to "sleep" will illuminate the light. Pretty "normal"..

LOL ...nice.

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
You may have a burned out front bulb. That would make them blink faster. Sounds like you have everything else correct.

Oh, and mine also blink when I open the gate or even door! Sort of freaked me out when I saw that.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts