JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my steering pump boils the fluid and moans and screams on the trail after awhile aired down w 37s.

Wife hated the hyd assist on the other JK so I purchased the PSC dual cooler and mount kit and I have a factory trans cooler.

Should I run both coolers for power steering?

or will 1 be plenty and I should add the other to the trans?

Headed to Moab in a few weeks.

Sent off camber

· Registered
184 Posts
I'm running the full PSC kit w/ my 37s and it is quiet, I don't notice any fading. Running royal purple with the PSC reservoir.

At first I ran the dual PSC plate cooler - PSC-MBC110K-2. I ran one as PS and one as tranny.

With this set up I had issues. My engine would overheat and my AC stopped blowing cold. My assumption was that this dual set up with all the bracketry was blocking too much airflow. I'm also outside of Phoenix AZ and this was last year with 115+ temperatures.

I've since removed all that and gone with dual heat sink style coolers and have had no problems with loss of PS power or noises. My engine now remains at a constant normal temperature. AC is better.

Using Derale heat sink coolers. I forget the length but I just measured first. Using dual pass, which puts both connections on the same side for easy plumbing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.