JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have received differing comments in regards to whether the PSC Big Bore hydro assist will work or fit with a LS swap. Some say yes. Some say no that you have to go back to either a PSC "original" box or a West TX Off-Road box built for a V8.

Anyone with specific experience with this?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When I last spoke with Robbi, the PSC Big Bore XD version 2 will not work with an LS swap. I think the version 1 does work.
I'll have to go back and figure out which one I got. Can't remember. Any quick reference to look for?

·
Registered
288 Posts
On my Motech LS3 swap with OE Jeep accessories (less PSC pump/assist), I don’t see any possibility of the ac comp clearing the box. It is super tight, I’m on the latest billet brackets, between the comp pulley and box.

So close that I regularly inspect for contact. After 15k miles and plenty of time in the rocks I have not seen any indication of contact with the stock ported PSC box.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Take a look at Howe Performance Hydro Steering , it's what I'm runnin' in my LS-3 - JK .
And yes it's compatible with the new Motech billet bracketry .

Check w/John @JohnPShoe at Overland Performance he can get you pics I believe .

·
Registered
108 Posts
Sorry to revive an old thread, but I'm curious about the fitment running the gm accessories. Specifically, I have the CTS V accessory drive. There's not much room between the belt and the top of stock steering box. I'm curious how much taller and wider the PSC box is. Has anyone tried this combo?

749 Posts
Sorry to revive an old thread, but I'm curious about the fitment running the gm accessories. Specifically, I have the CTS V accessory drive. There's not much room between the belt and the top of stock steering box. I'm curious how much taller and wider the PSC box is. Has anyone tried this combo?
It will fit if you are running the CTSV accessories. One thing we have found with the big bore box is it moves a lot of fluid. the stock reservoir on the CTSV pump will get sucked dry....you need to run a larger reservoir.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts