JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from inspection/ registration and wanted to throw this out there to save any inconvenience that y'all might face when you go to have your Jeep or other vehicle inspected.

Tinted/ smoked turn-signal lenses will get your vehicle FAILED now. It didn't use to be that way so I'm guessing that some legislation got passed this year regarding stricter inspection criteria. Make sure that you keep your OEM orange lens covers if you've changed out to smoked/ tinted/ murdered OR get your inspection done by a shady/ lax inspection station. The lens ( housing) can be CLEAR with orange bulbs but they are cracking down on non-DOT compliant equipment including smoked/ tinted lighting accessories... tail-lights/ reverse-lights/ head-lights/ turn-signals/ etc..

Anyway... was no big deal to run home and swap mine out. Just wanted to let y'all know just in case you have an inspection coming up.

·
Comfortably Numb
12,289 Posts
Just wondering Stube. Did you have your Trump sticker on your jeep at a libtard owned inspection station......just sayin'. :grin2:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I also have tinted lenses on my new Rubicon but I never thought I could have problems with the inspection at some point. I got them not so long ago along with underbody neon lights and other upgrades. I must admit, it looks better than I expected, and I was also thinking about getting the windows tinted, but I think this can be already too much. Well, great info because as much as I understood I need to do some MOT preparations before testing the car and maybe check some guides. Either way, thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also have tinted lenses on my new Rubicon but I never thought I could have problems with the inspection at some point. I got them not so long ago along with underbody neon lights and other upgrades. I must admit, it looks better than I expected, and I was also thinking about getting the windows tinted, but I think this can be already too much. Well, great info because as much as I understood I need to do some MOT preparations before testing the car and maybe check some guides. Either way, thanks for sharing.
I have my windows tinted and it bothers me while I'm driving, I don't recommend them. Your choice

1 - 4 of 4 Posts