JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever done this with the PRP bracket? I ordered new seats for the front and been thinking hey I'll throw the front in the rear. Eventually I'll get the rear seats from PRP and would like to re-use the bracket if possible. If not I guess I can get the MasterCraft bracket and sell it with the fractor seats when the time comes. Let me know your thoughts.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
I'm interested in this idea. Captains chairs in a Jeep? That would be cool, I never have 3 rear seat passengers anyway.

But.... Looking at the bracket here: https://www.prpseats.com/product/jeep-jk-rear-seat-mount/

It looks to be designed for vertical tab aftermarket seats. The stock Jeep seats are not. So I do not think it will fit DIRECTLY.

But it should not be too hard to fab up an adapter plate/bracket that bottom attaches to the aftermarket vertical mounts of the bracket, and the top fits the stock Jeep seat slider.

I'd be a bit concerned about the seating position though. Would it be too tall such that the passengers were hitting the top? Or would the stock fronts hang over too much and interfere with the wheel well/door frames?

Interesting possibilities....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts