JKOwners Forum banner

Proper grounding

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Will Scarlet 
#1 ·
I'm new here so if I'm posting this wrong please let me knowI'm having trouble finding a decent grounding schematic for my JK. Am I safe in assuming (as with all my old cars) as long as I have battery, tub, and engine block tied together I should be good to go. The reason I ask is I recently started getting an engine light and a few other issues and while trying to find the reason I noticed that the ground to the engine block was broken and I can't find where the other end is. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated

#2 ·
On my 07 3.8, the block is grounded to the body via ground strap from the lower passenger side of engine to the cowl area then another runs to the hood (not sure why, static?).

What issues are you having? Some jk's develop some TIPM issues that unfortunately require replacement of the TIPM.

#4 ·
On my 07 3.8, the block is grounded to the body via ground strap from the lower passenger side of engine to the cowl area then another runs to the hood (not sure why, static?).

What issues are you having? Some jk's develop some TIPM issues that unfortunately require replacement of the TIPM.
I have several error codes on sensors that all tested good, and my A/C just stopped working (maybe coincidence). I am leaning more toward ECM but if the TIPM could have the same symptoms then great, because I know there have been issues with the power modules

#3 ·
The TIPM was my first assumption, I had a whole bunch of error codes pop up and my A/C just quit all at the same time and when they were tested showed they were good. I'm leaning toward ECM now because of the trouble codes, unless someone knows for certain that the TIPM will do the same thing

#5 ·
I have to question why you have two threads on this issues you're experiencing. Basically, you're going to divide the attention needed to get your answers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.