JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Not that anyone who reads my posts needs proof.

In November I was rigging a load with a chain for an excavator op. He must have sneezed because I sure as fuck never signaled him. Thing is, I know better than to put my hands where I would not put my dick. So that explains my index/pointer shortage. It works mostly ok, nerves are growing back but no feeling in the last 1/2".

A couple weeks ago I went hiking/rock clamboring (can't call it climbing).
I reached for a hand hold with aforementioned fucked up hand. Couldn't quite get a grip..I had not adjusted to the lack of gripping ability.
Flailed with right hand.
Sliced on some glass or steel left on rock. Right through the joint at the tip of the right pinky.
Ever try to fix jeep issue without using your whole hands?
I have become 'that guy'....At least now I have time to hang out on JKO. Sorry for any typing errors.

·
Premium Member
15,290 Posts
As a guitar player, chronic masturbater, and world-class nose picker all I can say is "FUCK!"

Quite seriously.. very sorry that this happened to you. Really hope that you'll recover and adapt as much as is possible given your condition.

Wondering if gloves were in play during these two incidents and/ or if that mattered/ would have mattered.

·
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!
8,945 Posts
Owwww fuck! Fuckkkkk ow! Fuck! I like my fingers, they feel too good while beating off, I keep them well protected. That sucks, man!

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Climbing was bare handed. It was in a park and it wasn't cold or anything.
The chain thing...ya, leather ropers. I could see the one with my finger tip in it stuck between links. Maybe it helped by sliding and leaving some finger still attached.
I am not looking for sympathy (but I appreciate it) just bugged and it is suprising how much I took for granted.
I think overall that it is funny/ironic because I was always a little overzealous about not leaving an opening for Mr. Murphy.
My daughter bought me a 5 pack of animal finger puppets. She named my finger Tyler after a friend I never see anymore.
When she sees me being clumsy she says, "Where's Tyler?" In a cute little cartoon voice.

·
Premium Member
15,290 Posts

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nubtard

..it fits.
I wouldn't have posted about it anywhere particularly not on JKO if I didn't see humour in it, and expect some :shitstorm:. I was hoping for a laugh, people like you are hard to find.:thefinger:
Don't feel bad, man. It's fucked but way less than some people's injuries. I see a lot of humour in it seeing as the pain wasn't bad and the Dr.'s expect a significant recovery. The two least needed hand parts is all I lost. :gluging:
I might be a redneck, but these are the first serious injuries (the first requiring a doctor) I had during a 31 year career of light, heavy and industrial construction, scaffolding and piledriving.
Losing "the shocker" sucks though.

·
Random Dude
3,014 Posts
I wouldn't have posted about it anywhere particularly not on JKO if I didn't see humour in it, and expect some :shitstorm:.
I was hoping for a laugh, people like you are hard to find.:thefinger:
That ^^^ shows class and character. :beer:
High 4.5! :thefinger:

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
I've seen Iron workers put their finger through a bolt hole when connecting steel.......while having a bull pin on their side....

At least that's all you lost, could of been a hand... limb...dick...

·
Comfortably Numb
12,269 Posts
It's God's way of saying no more;
nose picking
finger sucking
***** probing
clit picking flicking
no beat your meat in the Mississippi mud
Asshole itching relief
removing ear wax

But then there is help available. >>>>>

·
Super Moderator
6,284 Posts
at least you were working and making money; I was cutting my mil-spec zip ties off of my old homebrew puddle-prevention bows for a Bestop extended bimini top prior to getting the TrektopNX on my knees , facing backwards in the driver seat with a just sharpened to razor-blade sharp knife ( STUPID ! I was a BoyScout that TRAINED CUBS in knife usage!) and I slipped and with full right arm strength went thru the top of my left wrist . It took surgery to connect the main tendon in my left arm and was likely one of the dumbest things I have ever done. Do not feel bad. Feel grateful you are mending.....

I must say my freckled arm looks pretty sexy all shaved-up there after surgery....heh

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.