JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey has anyone done a projector retrofit on theyre jk with a 3" and 2" projector in the housing so they have dual hids per headlight? similar to the way the jw speaker led lamps look but hid?

·
Registered
911 Posts
That's a single projector. I assume he's referring to something like this, but in a 7" round housing. Honestly, when it comes to the cost, why not just go with the Trucklite LED lights? I've tried the HID projectors, Cibies, Hella's (both with halogen and 55w HIDs) and am now running the TLs. Am very happy with them. I'm not sure there's that much of an advantage over the Hellas with the 55w HIDs, but I'm happy with them.

·
Registered
8,294 Posts
That's a single projector. I assume he's referring to something like this, but in a 7" round housing. Honestly, when it comes to the cost, why not just go with the Trucklite LED lights? I've tried the HID projectors, Cibies, Hella's (both with halogen and 55w HIDs) and am now running the TLs. Am very happy with them. I'm not sure there's that much of an advantage over the Hellas with the 55w HIDs, but I'm happy with them.
You are right. I misread the OP.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
but because i dont like led lighting as far as driving lights, it just hasnt quite caught up to hid tech, hid has a significantly further throw and usable lumen at distances. i will be getting some led bars and pods for flood lighting for trails but daily driving i prefer hid. and i have the set up to retrofit a single 3" in each just had a neat thought of adding a 2" in each one

·
Registered
911 Posts
but because i dont like led lighting as far as driving lights, it just hasnt quite caught up to hid tech, hid has a significantly further throw and usable lumen at distances. i will be getting some led bars and pods for flood lighting for trails but daily driving i prefer hid. and i have the set up to retrofit a single 3" in each just had a neat thought of adding a 2" in each one
I agree they don't throw as far - which is why I've stayed far away from LED lighting in the past - and solely use HID. However, I was very surprised from the TLs. I'll still use aux HID lighting, but for headlights, they're good.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
im kinda the opposite, i want my hid headlights to be my mains,(also already spent the money on the projectors). but anyways im looking to only have hid headlights and everything else be led so the current draw isnt too much on my little minivan motor. dont really want more than two sets of hide so i was thinking why not in the same housing.once i get back to my PDS in san diego i might just jump the gun and try it. just hoping to snag pictures of people maybe doing it before.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts