JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
Had a look through and haven't seen something that helps me.
I recently installed projector hids from The Retrofit Source and am very happy except one thing.
When my lights are set to Auto and daylight is out, my high beams come on. The only way to stop this from happening is to turn the dial to "low beam".
Although this is a small glitch, it should still work as it did when I had factory lights.
Any ideas?

· Registered
116 Posts
Hey guys,
Had a look through and haven't seen something that helps me.
I recently installed projector hids from The Retrofit Source and am very happy except one thing.
When my lights are set to Auto and daylight is out, my high beams come on. The only way to stop this from happening is to turn the dial to "low beam".
Although this is a small glitch, it should still work as it did when I had factory lights.
Any ideas?
Do you have daytime running lights (DRLs)? Those use the highbeam bulb at low power (low power which is plenty to activate the HID kit wiring). Assuming you're not in an area that requires DRLs, you can have a dealer flash the computer to turn off the DRL function.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.