JKOwners Forum banner

161 - 180 of 302 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Sorry, I must've overlooked your questions about the box.

I would need to make a few adjustments to it before another one would be made though, and also get with the laser shop to get a price.
Love the bigger storage box, but with that design and your rear bumper choice it looks like you can't get to the receiver hitch pin...or is it just the angle?

Great looking build

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #162 (Edited)
Love the bigger storage box, but with that design and your rear bumper choice it looks like you can't get to the receiver hitch pin...or is it just the angle?

Great looking build

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
You are right! I ended up having to drill a hole through everything to put the pin in vertically from inside the storage box.

Here I am doing that the night before leaving for Moab some we could haul our mtb's on the back lol

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #163 (Edited)
The Jeep came through for us and did exactly what I wanted out of it this last week. Loaded up another couple with us, luggage for 9 days and 2 mtb's, and drove that bitch all the way out to Easter Jeep Safari from Louisiana! I hammered on it all week and then we turned around and drove it home. She didnt give us a single problem all week neither!
Man what a good time we had in Moab. Met a lot of great people and new friends, put on a good show, and planned some new changes coming soon.

Monster dinner at the Blu Pig! Man that's was good!

A little unorthodox for us but we ended up on Pritchett Canyon the first day out with the Rock Krawler group. Was told that was one of the toughest trails in Moab! So no warm up runs to start with our first time wheelin Moab, lol! It def was no joke!
Seen a nice white JKU flop over and slide down the first big obstacle that morning and trash out the hardtop and doors, no telling what else got tweaked.
Luckily there were some great spotters on hand everywhere needed and kept us safe from getting in a bind. Thank you Rock Krawler and Crawlerconceptz. A lot of the climbs got pretty eerie for us!

I was very shocked at how well my school bus handled and climbed out there. When we finally made it to Rocker Knocker, there were V8 buggies bouncing there way up the middle and people winching up the left side and a JKU with a broke TRE blocking the bypass for everyone! The 4 doors were having trouble doing the crab walk across the middle without falling off the line on the left and were having to winch. The problem was, the winch point was way to the left and winching would pull you right into a large boulder on your rocker panels.
I don't have rocker protection yet so I knew the only option for me was to go straight up the center with the bypass being blocked. We watched another JKU on UD60'S and 40" nittos try for probably 30-45 minutes to get up the climb every which way he could only to give up and back down. I had a good feeling I could make it with a little more throttle so I was pumped to get up there right after. Took a few tries but after I got comfortable hammering on it, she hopped up there 1 ledge at a time and Quadratec got the whole thing on video! It's a little long but it was cool they posted it all like that. Link below:

·
Premium Member
1,105 Posts
Nice job! Looks pretty stable , looks like yo trimmed the rear fenders a bit also .
Love that rear storage unit that guy should sell them 😎!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
111 Posts
Love this build! I saw your videos that Marcus from RCO posted - great looking ride and the trip looked incredible. Time for some rocker protection! Love the build.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Love this build! I saw your videos that Marcus from RCO posted - great looking ride and the trip looked incredible. Time for some rocker protection! Love the build.
Yep! Saw the video too and looks like your Jeep did GREAT! Congrats on a great build and I am very jealous you got to EJS!! Maybe next year :grin2:

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #172

My wife and friends decided to go climb way the hell up this rock.

Friday morning my buddy and I took our bikes out to the Slickrock trail. It was awesome!

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #176
New parts and fixes.
Got the B.A.D. deflators installed yesterday. I almost had a real bad experience in Moab, trying to air down more on the trail by pulling out a valve core. I guess a balancing bead got stuck around the core and I couldn't get it back in or pull it out! Had to hold my fingers over it while yelling at someone to grab some needle nose pliers to free it up. Plus if I sling out a core in the sand, i would be fucked without a spare.
So, good excuse to install some tool-free deflators.
Got these at the EJS vendor show. 1/4 turn knobs with detents. Pretty inexpensive too.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #178
One problem I've been having with the jeep is coilover noise. Anytime they move, all you hear is this annoying squawking from the springs rubbing the shock bodies. The first trail day in Moab was a bit embarrassing (for me) with my jeep creeping around with all that racket. Day 2, we put some zip-ties around the parts of the springs that were touching to provide a plastic barrier from the contact and that worked pretty good for the rest of the trip except I had to reposition them a few times. I had heard somewhere (here maybe?) that KING redesigned the 2.0 sliders, and since my shocks were built several years ago, I figured I had the old design. The sliders were not holding the top and bottom springs straight at all.
I found the KING booth at the vendor show and even though the guy told me the new sliders would not fix my problem, I bought 4 new ones anyway. I don't trust any salesmen over my gut feelings .
Last night I broke the shocks down while having the tires off and swapped out to the new sliders. I didn't get any comparison pictures between old and new, but after some measuring with calipers, I knew these new ones would be way better.

The ID of the new style is quite a bit tighter than old, plus the bottom portion much longer.
Once I got it back one the ground, wallah! none of the springs are touching anywhere.
So if you are having this same problem, spend 60 bucks and get the new ones.

161 - 180 of 302 Posts