JKOwners Forum banner

141 - 160 of 302 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,087 Posts
All this talk I been seeing about the rear storage modifications got me thinking.

Did a bunch of measuring on my jeep to try and get the most room under the factory lid and came up with this. What do ya'll think?

Divider on the right will hold a tree saver strap out of the way.
Recessed a light underneath to hook up to reverse circuit and also be on the sPod with all the other belly lights in the future.
How much bigger is it? I guess to fit under the stock lid it can only be deeper?

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #143
The new one is 29.75" x 19" x 8.75". Not sure how big the stock one is, my wife's in the jeep right now or I would measure.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Dude I'm liking this! Sub'd to see final install. When an you make me one :grin2:
I second this! I see your light location as the ideal of pavement for my rear backup/rock camera. Also if you can add a couple oval cuts for some drain plugs would be awesome for those times you want to hose the jeep out or get caught in a flash storm. Otherwise you have a JK bath tub in the back, lol

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #148
Yeah, I have a camera on mine too and need the extra lighting.

I have an oval drain hole in the bottom now, it fits one of the OEM rubber plugs I measured off of.

You can see it in the CAD photos

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
There are still a few more items to turn blue: fairlead, hook and synthetic line. I like the second gen VKS stubby with the fogs. I got the first gen before fog lights were offered.

Nice Jeep.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #159
There are still a few more items to turn blue: fairlead, hook and synthetic line. I like the second gen VKS stubby with the fogs. I got the first gen before fog lights were offered.

Nice Jeep.
Haha, I'm thinking of doing the fairlead flat black. Bet one of those Factor 55 blue clevis things would look good too.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #160
You have to give up the details about that rear box !

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
Sorry, I must've overlooked your questions about the box.

I would need to make a few adjustments to it before another one would be made though, and also get with the laser shop to get a price.

141 - 160 of 302 Posts