JKOwners Forum banner

101 - 120 of 302 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
I really would like to have the composite flares so they will flex when the tires hit, but man they really need to make the fronts curve down at the grill so they won't be so ugly!

·
Premium Member
4,087 Posts
I really would like to have the composite flares so they will flex when the tires hit, but man they really need to make the fronts curve down at the grill so they won't be so ugly!
Old pic, but this is what the Bushwackers look like color matched. I love them. have smashed them flat against the body and they just pop back to normal. Not sure they would cover you whole tires though. That pic is with stock axles with 1.5" spacers and 39.5x13.50 IROCs. Yours seems to be a bit wider than that.

But its a little reference for you to have.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #105 (Edited)
Jeep is near completion! Ive been driving it around for about 2 weeks? now. Very surprised how well it drives on the highway. Been adjusting tire pressure and am down to 24 front and 22 rear. Getting 15-6 MPG driving around town.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
While installing the front bumper after powdercoat, I decided to cut these tubes to weld inside the frame.

I did not like having bolts run through the big hollow rectangle tubing with nothing to tighten up against and having a winch pulling on it.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
Several other things done I'll get pics of.

I bought the Crawler conceptz aluminum fenders and have them on there now bare, but I placed an order for the new MCE narrow fenders.
MCE says they plan to be ready to ship by the end of this week so when I get them, I will have them painted blue.

·
Registered
430 Posts
As to fenders, have you seen the Metalcloak overline series? They have really good clearance and are easily removed when wheeling and extra up travel is needed.

Nevermind, I see you are way past that point now. I am finally caught up with this thread.

101 - 120 of 302 Posts