JKOwners Forum banner

41 - 60 of 302 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
That's looking like a badass barbecue this weekend. If I didn't have anything going on this weekend hell I would make the drive, only 2.5 hours from me.

Oh fun build too.
Yeah they got it all cut up and in the freezer. Where you from?

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
BAM, Ben Brazada over at Filthymotorsports.com got me hooked up with the best deals and help on the KING air bumps and springs.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Finally able to start making some forward progress on getting this thing built after the rest of the parts finally showed up.

Decided to go ahead and run a bead around the tubes on the rear end just in case, before putting the truss on.

Truss welded up, welded on, and upper link mount welded on. Notice I had to cut out a notch in the tub support for the link mount. Needed the axle to go back a little more to fit the wheel wells the way I wanted.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Upper and lower frame side link mounts in and welded out

Lower links built. Gonna have to bend the upper link 23 degrees for it to clear at full compression.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Decided to break out the 3 link calculator before final welding of the links and certain mounts.

My instant center is just in front of the front tires.
AS is 51.37%

If I roll the axle side lower link mounts down 1 inch, AS goes up to 67.13%
IC is about 4" behind center of front tire.

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Fuck it, Ima keep moving forward.

Got both front and rear linked up now minus track bars.

120" WB

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Are you going to keep the WB at 120"?

Keep in mind, when your in 4wd, your AS number will be half of what it is in 2wd.
Unless something doesn't work out when running it through its travel and steering, yeah it's set.

I feel like AS numbers in the calculator are not accurate. Changing the COG height changes AS drastically, and pretty sure no one really knows that number accurately.

·
Premium Member
4,087 Posts
Unless something doesn't work out when running it through its travel and steering, yeah it's set.

I feel like AS numbers in the calculator are not accurate. Changing the COG height changes AS drastically, and pretty sure no one really knows that number accurately.
Very true on the CG. I see you do have multiple mounting holes on your rear upper. That's always a good thing.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Very nice looking build!

·
Registered
4,516 Posts
I would get the AS up a bit more. Drop that lower mount and get numbers higher. I was at just over 100% before making some recent changes that dropped me down to 40% and it is a huge difference. Lots of squat when accelerating and feels less stable on the highway. I will be raising the uppers to get up so I can get 80% AS and may drop the lowers an inch if it still feels squishy during acceleration. At 100% it was rock solid and predictable on the highway, just a slight squat when hitting the accelerator.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Frame side lowers are fully welded in, and also they BARELY clear the frame at full compression. All I can do is rotate the axle side mounts down on the tube.

How do you know your numbers were accurate? What numbers did you use for COG?

·
Registered
4,516 Posts
I used 36" for COG and did not change that when I made the changes in the mounts.

The forward convergence point of the upper and lower links are the biggest factory in AS. Rule of thumb is to try and get the convergence around the motor area.

41 - 60 of 302 Posts