JKOwners Forum banner

221 - 240 of 302 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #224
Yes I did end up cutting them out of the way to get that much width.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #226
Hello JKowners, been a while...

Jeeps been sitting quite a bit, took up cycling and racing again at the end of 2017 and still now but since a buddy of mine, who is in a few of my build pics, finally got his own Jeep, it has triggered me to get mine back out and looking for other ways to make it better.

Will have some update pics this week.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #229 (Edited)
Have ya'll seen these dual rate swaybars from G2?

http://www.g2axle.com/pages/view/core_drs.php

The jeep has always been driven with only a Antirock on the front, and I was thinking I'd like to get it to drive with a bit less body roll on the highway. These G2 units are pretty new, so I couldn't find any feedback on them ANYWHERE. After studying all the other options, I went ahead and decided to be the guinea pig on this one. According to the marketing, it is like an OEM rate until you put air pressure to the center section, then it disengages the outer bar and leaves the smaller diameter inner bar to control the sway.

Box says Made in USA

It looks well built from what I can see. Hopefully the internal air coupler mechanism will work and last.
Pretty simple to bolt it on, except I needed OEM swaybar mounts and bushings that I no longer had. Ordered those from Quadratec with some poly bushings.
This swaybar also does not come with links so I am running the Antirock links temporarily.

Now I need an air supply to be able to disengage it. I've only ever had a c02 tank sitting behind the seats and don't particularly enjoy dealing with it in the way and having to get it filled, plus I use the tank around the house some, so it's not always in the jeep anyway.

All the electric compressor options that I've seen didn't look very satisfying either. Then I found some REAL onboard air! ORO kit that puts a York compressor on the front of your engine.

https://offroadonly.com/shop/on-board-air/off-road-only-york-compressor-bracket-kit-for-jeep-wrangler-jk-2012-15/

Called up Marcus at River City Offroad and got this ordered. Still waiting for ORO to ship it out though.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Simply incredible build. Such a combination of imagination, tech knowledge, and ability. Beautiful, tidy Jeep. Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #233 (Edited)
Ya'll are awesome, glad to be back, thanks again!

Sooo the York compressor should be able to actuate the swaybar and inflate tires easily with no air tank, but i was think of taking advantage of the available air I would have on hand now. How about a big air horn??!! I ordered a Viair 2.5 gallon tank and then proceeded to try and figure out where i could mount it.

Going to need to move the EVAP canister out of the way. This would free up a large amount of room between the exhaust and rear drive shaft. Unfortunately the bolt-on relocation kits wouldn't work with my rear suspension :frown2:

Then I found this jewel

Went to order it and when the total came out to over $400.00 for a simple bracket, I lost interest and backed out.:cwm13:

Started to design my own bracket similar to this one, but then I wouldn't have room to mount the air horn I had picked out, so figured out a way to get the EVAP to the rear, right behind the fuel tank, using the OEM bracket and some rivet nuts. Had to cut out the right rear spring bucket.

A few hoses and clamps and that was taken care of.

Air tank has room to be mounted, just had to cut one of it's mounts off and reweld it into a slightly different spot to get it to sit under the jeep the way I wanted. I mounted it as far backwards as I could without any exotic brackets to be able to put a drain valve on the bottom port and not have it get knocked off by a rock or something (hopefully). Made a heat shield for whatever reason out of some 0.063" aluminum to put between the tank and exahust too.

M6 Rivet nuts that fit the tanks rubber isolating mounts

I didn't bolt the tank up yet because I need to do something different with my tail pipe. You can probably see on the corner of my storage box in the last picture that the exhaust has been heating it up and also burning the powdercoat on my track bar. Guess I'm gonna put a turn-down right behind the cat since I cant find a better way out without it blowing on something else important (shocks, bumpstops, tire, brakes, etc.)

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #236
I have a belt driven York on mine but I also have an Oasis that I have been trying to figure out how to mount. This has given me some ideas. Thanks!
Oh really? Is it someone's kit or did you fab it up yourself? How well does it work?

·
Registered
8,292 Posts
221 - 240 of 302 Posts