JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 302 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Alright, finally about ready to get started on this thing. Been ordering lots of parts from River City Offroad, Vick at VKS fab, and my buddies at M&M Trailer.
Just started getting a few things in worthy enough to start a build thread with, haha!

I chose the title because I have been heavily involved with jeeps before, around 10 years ago I bought a stock '88 YJ, ran it around for a bit, then swapped in some D44's, SOA, tires, wheels, lockers, teraflex shackles, blah, blah. Then did it all over again and then some. D60/70U, 42 stickies, coilovers, D300 4:1, NV3550, Fuel injection, then propane, then full tube chassis! Lexan body panels, no fenders at all....
Here's a pic

Got burnt out and sold out of jeeps completely.

Now I'm back and want to build something I can still use on the highway around here, drive across the country to Moab, Rubicon, etc, with A/C! But also only have to build it once.....and not worry about breakage on those long trips.

So here is the specimen. 2014 Altitude edition, Auto, Nav, leather... 24k miles

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I've already been doing a few things to the interior while saving up for all the parts.

Peel and sealed the entire tub

Put Second Skin Damplifier inside the door panels. Was a little afraid of the peel and seal sagging being vertical.

My buddy Rico from Tyler, Tx came over and helped me bedline the inside of the hardtop and build headliners

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tires are in. 40" nittos

Got the KMC machetes just because of the drain holes in the lip and rings. I hate dealing with mud and water/rocks holding in the wheels.

Gotta get those rings powdercoated black before mounting them though.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Full Metal Fabworks spare tire delete plate and license plate relocate. I bought theirs because it's 1 peice stamped and looks better than the peice together ones

sPOD SE Touchscreen! to run the E-Lockers and other stuff.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Superchips Flashpaq. Got it installed after several attempts and updated updates/phone call with customer service.
87 tune for now.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Love the thread title. Hope you get everything the way you want it the first time. Looks like you are on the right track.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Last day as a stocker! I managed to put 1000 miles on 'er since I bought it till tearing it down.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Climate control and sound..........and needed something to do lol!
did you put the carpet back in or are you going with bed rug?

jealous of your auto lift

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah put the carpet back in just like it was.
Me too, it's my uncles lift, at his shop!

·
Registered
235 Posts
Looking forward to see how well you get 40s to drive on the highway!

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
3 day weekend update!

Cutting and grinding all weekend. Thankfully I had 3 extra people helping with this part.

All frame control arm brackets, front coil buckets and shock towers cut off.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Waiting on parts now. Went ahead and mounted the sPOD under the hood and touchscreen on the dash with some RAM parts

1 - 20 of 302 Posts