JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondring if anyone around the Seattle-ish area has a superchip flashpaq or anything of the like that I could 'rent' to program my stuff? If I need it once I'd like to find the use of one for cheap rather than buy one.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
(Shake fist at Superchip)

So how come you see people selling there units as they return the vehicle to factory? I figured if that were the case they can be used across multiple vehicles.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
(Shake fist at Superchip)

So how come you see people selling there units as they return the vehicle to factory? I figured if that were the case they can be used across multiple vehicles.
Once you use them they are keyed to that Jeep, unless returned to stock. In order to turn one back to stock you have to deprogram the Jeep it was on and then return the unit to stock.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Noted. Ok well I guess I'll have to buy one. Can anyone give quality feedback as to how it affected performance and/or fuel economy? For a few hundred bucks buy-in and a couple extra mpg's it's going to take handful of tanks to payoff but in the long run it should, correct?

·
Registered
165 Posts
I have the super chips flashpak. I love it. Fixed my speedo for gears/tire size and the power is really noticeable. Along with the crawl tune, which is reason enough to buy the super chips, it is a great all around tuner. The crawl tune is really sweet. Helps maintain throttle control on the trail and especially helps in a stick rig. I've got one and wouldn't want to drive without it.

·
Registered
133 Posts
just for anyone else that reads this post, i have the flashpaq, its awesome. lots of features, especially the "crawl" tune. mpg gains are minimal but throttle response and shift point changes are great!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts