JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any experience with the Procomp LED light bars? I know that the most popular choice for LED is probably Rigid. Vision X and Baja Designs are also great options, but they're so expensive to get in 40" or 50" bars to mount above the windshield. Also, Trail Worthy Fab has a cheaper alternative but only has a 1 year warranty. The Procomp uses Cree LEDs which are apparently high quality and has a limited lifetime warranty. At $660 shipped for the 40" it's definitely much cheaper than the other options and it has a nice warranty. For comparison, the 40" rigid has 12,800 lumens and the Procomp 39" has 10,044 lumens. Any experience/opinions?

·
Registered
997 Posts
I am a Rigid fanboy. Also when I buy Rigid I am supporting a local to me company. correct me if I am wrong but I believe the Baja Designs and Vision X are more expensive than the Rigid too. Personally, if I wanted a 40-50" light bar, I'd probably just save for a Rigid one.

-Dan

·
Registered
539 Posts
Correct me if I am wrong but I believe the Baja Designs and Vision X are more expensive than the Rigid too.
-Dan
Baja Designs is more expensive in than the SR light from Rigid, and cheaper than the E series. At the same time the light output of the BD light is almost the same as the E series light with user changeable optics, and a high/low/strobe mode.

The independent reviews I have seen so far have put the Baja Designs above the Rigid E-Series, but we will see what happend when Rigid changes the LED they use on the E-Series in the next few months.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
I have a procomp 10 and one of my duallys is brighter. I was very dissapointed when I got it and turned it on. Also note that the focus is narrow.... The light looks yellow when you compare the light to others overall not impressed with mine.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have a procomp 10 and one of my duallys is brighter. I was very dissapointed when I got it and turned it on. Also note that the focus is narrow.... The light looks yellow when you compare the light to others overall not impressed with mine.
Was it a weaker light output compared to one regular dually or one dually d2? Also, sad to see that the light output is narrow and more yellowish. I would want to have pure white light.
So you would not recommend the ProComps to anyone?

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Was it a weaker light output compared to one regular dually or one dually d2? Also, sad to see that the light output is narrow and more yellowish. I would want to have pure white light.
So you would not recommend the ProComps to anyone?
I would not recommend them unless you are ok with the idea of the light not being as white as something like a rigid. The light output on the D2's seems better to me and I would recommend a set of those versus a procomp 10.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I have a 10" Pro Comp mounted on my fair lead. Dually's mounted on the A pillars. Color is equal and the 10" fills the gap between he Dually's perfectly. I am getting ready to order another 10" for a back up light.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have a 10" Pro Comp mounted on my fair lead. Dually's mounted on the A pillars. Color is equal and the 10" fills the gap between he Dually's perfectly. I am getting ready to order another 10" for a back up light.
Nice. Glad to hear some opinions and reviews on these things. There are few to no reviews on them.

So you said you find the light color to be pretty white like the duallys? And how would you compare the light output/performance to the duallys?

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
I believe the ProComps are made by VisionX, just without some of the bells and whistles.
You are correct, as far as what other differences there are, I couldn't say. If I had to guess, it would be the limited warranty.

Most of Vision X's lights carry an extended lifetime warranty on non consumable parts where the Procomps appear to only carry a one year.

Again this is my theory, until someone privy to such information posts up, its the best I can offer.

On a side note, if you are really wanting the Rigid 40"...I just happen to know where two are for a significant savings...:D:D

http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1174482&postcount=300

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You are correct, as far as what other differences there are, I couldn't say. If I had to guess, it would be the limited warranty.

Most of Vision X's lights carry an extended lifetime warranty on non consumable parts where the Procomps appear to only carry a one year.
The procomp LEDs carry a limited lifetime warranty according to pro comp's site? What's the difference between that and Vision X's?

And btw, someone's going to get a great deal on your rigid 40s. They should sell quickly.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Look at them head on you will see a color difference... Hard to tell if you look out from the jeep and they are both on as the dually's generally over power so you cant see the difference in color.
Another way to tell is to find someone else that has one or the other and only turn on one of your sets and one of theirs. The pro comp light output is not as white and is very obvious to everyone that has seen mine in person.

·
Administrator
8,742 Posts
There is more difference than just the warranty.

I was told what it was by VisionX but I cant remember exactly but I think it has to do with the heat management circuitry or something along those lines which allows the VisionX to be brighter. In essence, the ProComp is the "Sahara" model and the VisionX the "Rubicon"

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
There is more difference than just the warranty.

I was told what it was by VisionX but I cant remember exactly but I think it has to do with the heat management circuitry or something along those lines which allows the VisionX to be brighter. In essence, the ProComp is the "Sahara" model and the VisionX the "Rubicon"
it wouldn't be the wattage would it? I know the PCs are 3 watt and Vision X has multiple wattage versions. Does anyone know if the PCs Dimmable?

·
Administrator
8,742 Posts
it wouldn't be the wattage would it? I know the PCs are 3 watt and Vision X has multiple wattage versions. Does anyone know if the PCs Dimmable?
I think The VisionX runs a higher wattage because of some kind of heat management system they use which is not put in the ProComp light therefore the ProComp light doesn't run as high of wattage and is also the reason it is cheaper to purchase.

I will try to find out for sure.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts